I cried all the way home.

This is a discussion on I cried all the way home. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; After spending numerous hours in a tree stand on a friends property looking for the monster buck he saw (it lived on his property) all ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I cried all the way home.

VIP Member

After spending numerous hours in a tree stand on a friends property looking for the monster buck he saw (it lived on his property) all summer I packed it in. I spent a ton of hours in this stand and after not seeing him again I had enough! I climbed down out of my tree, took down my stand and carried it all back to my truck. As I put my tree stand in the bed of my truck guess who walked by about 15 yards away. My bow was already packed up : (

He was at least an eleven point and was about 260 to 280 on the hoof. I may throw myself off a bridge : (
    Last edited by atctimmy; November 4th, 2009 at 12:27 AM.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

I feel your pain....I think they laugh at us ya know.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Did you sneeze on him? lol I thought you just had swine flu? Oh I get playing hooky!!!

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I'm not a hunter, but given the nature of this forum, I just gotta ask... where was yer pistol...?
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

VIP Member
    Not swine flu, just the regular 48 hour crap your pants and hurl kinda stuff.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    My bow was already packed up : (

He was at least an eleven point and was about 260 to 280 on the hoof. I may throw myself off a bridge : (
    My weapon is always the very, very last thing I pack up.

Sorry for the bad luck.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    I'm not a hunter, but given the nature of this forum, I just gotta ask... where was yer pistol...?
    I didn't think about that. The truth though is that this super secret hunting spot is in the suburbs of Pittsburgh. It's a pretty upscale area with houses all around. It is illegal to discharge a firearm there. The property owner is a hunter too but he is not into archery....So lucky (or not so lucky) me.

Given the closeness & the frustration you were feeling, I think I'd have lunged at that sucker with a knife in my hands while screaming a war cry!
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Oh yeah... When packing up, the weapon is the last thing to get cased. Be it a bow or a rifle.

Learn it, know it, live it!

Better luck next time, Timmy!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

We had a buck that showed up at our farm every deer season. He leaves after deer season is over. I can literally walk up to within 15 ft of him ... as he knows us. Last seen was 15 pts. He's protected and knows it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    We had a buck that showed up at our farm every deer season. He leaves after deer season is over. I can literally walk up to within 15 ft of him ... as he knows us. Last seen was 15 pts. He's protected and knows it.
    I'll be right over... DING (Door bell ringing)

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    Given the closeness & the frustration you were feeling, I think I'd have lunged at that sucker with a knife in my hands while screaming a war cry!
    LMAO!!!!

Administrator
    Somebody 'round here got a nice deer tonight, I saw a absolute monster layed out along the road on my way home. That somebodys car was trashed too, I'm sure.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Somebody 'round here got a nice deer tonight, I saw a absolute monster layed out along the road on my way home. That somebodys car was trashed too, I'm sure.
    I've seen a bunch of nice ones on the roads lately. At least it always gives ya hope for next time timmy.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

They don't get big by being dumb.

At least until they see an irresistible set of headlights and commit Harri-Cari.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links