New Preamble to the Consitution!

This is a discussion on New Preamble to the Consitution! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I thought this was interesting to pass on. NEW PREAMBLE TO THE CONSTITUTION This is probably the best e-mail I've seen in a long, long ...

Thread: New Preamble to the Consitution!

Thumbs up New Preamble to the Consitution!

I thought this was interesting to pass on.

NEW PREAMBLE TO THE CONSTITUTION

This is probably the best e-mail I've seen in a long, long time.. The following has been attributed to State Representative Mitchell Kaye fromGA but not verified. This guy should run for President one day...

"We the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid more riots, keep our nation safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the blessings of debt-free liberty to ourselves and our great-great-great-grandchildren, hereby try one more time to ordain and establish somecommon sense guidelinesfor the terminally whiny, guilt ridden, delusional. We hold these truths to be self evident: that a whole lot of people are confused by the Bill o f Rightsand are so dim they require a Bill of NON-Rights."

ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV, or any other form of wealth.. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but no one is guaranteeing anything.

ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc; but the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be.

ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful; do not expect the tool manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.

ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes ..

ARTICLE V: You do not have the right tofree health care. That would be nice, but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in public health care.

ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair..

ARTICLE VII: You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you rob, cheat, or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV or a life of leisure.

ARTICLE VIII: You do not have the right to a job. All of us sure want you to have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful. (AMEN!)

ARTICLE IX: You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means that you have the right to PURSUE happiness, which by the way, is a lot easier if you are unencumbered by an over abundance of idiotic laws created by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights.

ARTICLE X: This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you are from, English is our language. Learn it or go back to wherever you came from! (Lastly.....)

ARTICLE XI: You do not have the right to change our country's history or heritage.. This country was founded on the belief in one true God. And yet, you are given the freedom to believe in any religion, any faith, or no faith at all; with no fear of persecution. The phrase IN GOD WE TRUST ispart of our heritageand history, and if you are uncomfortable with it, TOUGH!
    ]"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Section 32

2. Remove Ads

Amen
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have seen this before, but it's still good.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

very nice.
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

Few of the crop of political hacks in the past 25yrs have given me any hope that such a simple statement could be attributed to one of them. Still, anything is possible.

It is simple. We each have a few simple, inalienable rights. Beyond that, we merely have the opportunity to go after our dreams and desires, free and unobstructed, so long as we do no harm to others in the process. That's it. That is being a free person in a free state of other free persons. Nothing more. Nothing less. Until such time as the "free and unobstructed" part collapses under the weight of so many moochers and leeches that it's unsustainable. But, until then, that's how it is.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

As has been said about this old diatribe, we are very fortunate that the actual framers of the Constitution and Bill of Rights were brighter and had more foresight than whoever wrote this. The part promoting theocratic principles is especially distateful, unless of course you're in favor of imposing sharia law in the United States.

Neither the Preamble nor the Bill of Rights require any re-writing, although a few additions were necessary, to secure the blessings of liberty for all Americans, regardless of race or gender.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

VIP Member
    excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by GlockPatriot View Post
    ARTICLE XI: You do not have the right to change our country's history or heritage...
    Very true, and followed by such a great example...

...This country was founded on the belief in one true God...

VIP Member
    I did a check on snopes and they attribute this to a lewis Napper
    from Mississippi who ran for a seat on the senate as a Libertarian, in 2000
    Said he originally penned it in 1993

Heres the link for further reading

snopes.com: Bill of No Rights

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    As has been said about this old diatribe, we are very fortunate that the actual framers of the Constitution and Bill of Rights were brighter and had more foresight than whoever wrote this. The part promoting theocratic principles is especially distateful, unless of course you're in favor of imposing sharia law in the United States.

Neither the Preamble nor the Bill of Rights require any re-writing, although a few additions were necessary, to secure the blessings of liberty for all Americans, regardless of race or gender.

Agreed.

Very distasteful!
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Links