Racism and Law Enforcement Interview

This is a discussion on Racism and Law Enforcement Interview within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; For one of my sociology classes I have to write a paper dealing with the possibility of racism and discrimination in my future career. Since ...

Thread: Racism and Law Enforcement Interview

Racism and Law Enforcement Interview

For one of my sociology classes I have to write a paper dealing with the possibility of racism and discrimination in my future career. Since I want to be involved with law enforcement, I figured I should ask the people here because many of you have been, and may still be, police officers.
    Basically I would like to hear your experiences in which you have witnessed racism or discrimination. This can include situations among people in the police department, racism by civilians directed towards police, or vice versa. You can either post here or feel free to PM me. I would also like to know your name, rank, and department but if you do not want to share that information on a public forum and with a stranger I will understand completely. Even if you do not want to share your personal information but still would like to share your story, I would like to hear it and can still incorporate it into my paper. Thank you in advance for your time.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Forum rules
    9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we prohibit these subjects in our discussions. We also discourage "caliber wars" and the virtues of "open carry" topic; strongly encouraging you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.
    ----------------------
    Fee free to PM the OP with any stories or information you have .
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Links