A Gun That You Wouldn't Mind Losing - Do you have one?

This is a discussion on A Gun That You Wouldn't Mind Losing - Do you have one? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; and what would it be? If you had to get rid of a gun, for whatever reason, or it was stolen or confiscated. What firearm ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Gun That You Wouldn't Mind Losing - Do you have one?

and what would it be?
    If you had to get rid of a gun, for whatever reason, or it was stolen or confiscated.
    What firearm would you not feel terrible about parting with? (let's just say indefinitely for the heck of it.)

Mine would probably be my G19 (gasp)

Reason: my cz pcr already fills that niche and I prefer that one over the glock, plus I have a g26 to use the mags and stuff.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I don't own any guns...

and if it's because of a defensive shooting, I don't need a throwaway. I'm fully confident that if I shoot, I will have made the right decision morally and within the law.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

VIP Member
    The only reason I can think of for a "throw away" gun is to alter evidence at a scene and that is illegal.

If what you mean by a throwaway gun is one that you would be willing to part with (the comment about confiscation is interesting) the answer would be none.

The authorities either have legal authority to ask you to do something, in which case you comply, or they don't; in which case they likely won't ask or you have redress. I just don't understand the idea of a throwaway gun.

Maybe I don't understand the question.

The term 'throwaway gun' means only one thing to me. If you chose that term incorrectly, maybe you should explain exactly what you mean.

To me a gun isn't something ya throw away for any reason.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I have spares, but not a "Throw Away". If what you are asking is do you have weapons that you would LOAN to someone else if they needed one then thats a fair question. But a Throw Away is usually in illegal activities, and thus not a subject you should bring up here.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

my apologies, "throwaway" might be implying too much. A bad choice of words on my part - it wasn't my intention to discuss what it suggests. Let me re-phrase - a gun you wouldn't miss terribly if you lost it. Say if it were stolen or you dropped it in some accident where you could not retrieve it.

Okay, but again, I try my best not to buy junk pistols, so same answer here..... None...

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Keltec P11,but as far as losing a gun in a SD shooting as far as LEO taking for evidence,if you are found justified they are required to return your firearm,now that may take anywhere from a few months to several years
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    If I had one, I'd throw it away. There is no room in my rotation for junk.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Okay, you mean a firearm that is your least favorite, one that if it broke or some other thing that takes out of action for you. That I dont have one either, All of my firearms I would miss, even my little .22 pocket pistol.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

This is a poorly worded thread ripe with subtle insinuations. I don't like the question.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    Yep, "Throw Away" gun sure was a poor choice of words.

A "Throw Away" or a "Throw Down" gun or knife is associated with the illegal act of tampering with a crime scene or fabricating false evidence in order to confound or confuse Law Enforcement, Forensic, or Crime Scene Investigators.

And I'm certain that was not your intent so I edited your original title and post.

That's a tough situation...I only carry the guns I really like...the 'throw-aways' (as you call them) are in my safe.
    If involved in a SD situation and the gun is kept for a few day, weeks...I just get my second favorite/dependable pistol.

If I dropped my EDC, a Glock-36 in a the ocean while fishing, I would...after kicking my own butt and banging my head...buy another Glock-36.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The only gun I have that could be considered a "junk" gun, is an antique BB gun. That is because I rescued it from an old gargage dump and I am in the process of refurbishing it. There is no way that I would throw it away. It needs new springs, which I will have to forge myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links