This was just ridiculous

This is a discussion on This was just ridiculous within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I saw this this morning and couldn't believe how aggressive this girl was. I think athletes that do this kinda crap should never be allowed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This was just ridiculous

This was just ridiculous

I saw this this morning and couldn't believe how aggressive this girl was. I think athletes that do this kinda crap should never be allowed to play sports professionally. IMO, its assault without any reprisal, or punishment for a hostile act.Womens Soccer.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I saw this this morning and couldn't believe how aggressive this girl was. I think athletes that do this kinda crap should never be allowed to play sports professionally. IMO, its assault without any reprisal, or punishment for a hostile act.Womens Soccer.
    FWIW, I've been a certified FIFA referee for about 8 years. I also played contact sports throughout high school. For the record, I consider soccer a contact sport.

Sports are sports, frankly. I don't think that legal action is appropriate for something like that happening on the pitch. That said, her scholarship should be pulled by New Mexico. The NCAA should also have a look at her actions and suspend her for a minimum of one season, if not permanently.

What really happened there was officials lost control of that game. In a collegiate game like that you have at least 3 officials watching action on the field with another "fourth official" on the sidelines that is generally still paying attention to the action. She should have been ejected immediately, there is no room for that sort of thing in sport.

The punches, the hair pulling, the dangerous tackles from behind, kicks towards the head... just outrageous the officials missed it all. Just from the clips I saw about five different plays I personally would have ejected her for.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

I totally agree on the pitching aspect, I was mainly talking to the physical assault on the young lady by the crazy lady. I mean dang! What if she suffered a serious neck injury as a result from being pulled to the ground in such a manner.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I seen that this morning too. I even had to join the facebook page they started.lol

I really think some charges should be brought up against her. They would if she was on the street so why is it ok to do on a sports field.1 or 2 times might be excusable but she did it the whole damn game.

I don't know about charges, but she can definitely take her dog & pony act to a place more inline with her actions - Roller Derby. I hear it is making a comeback....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    The officials should also be suspended. I would also have a look at the person who hired these officials. There is no reason to allow this with a three person crew or even a two person crew. The main thing I want the officials to do when my boys are on the field is keep control of the game. Otherwise emotions on the field and on the sidelines get out of hand and ruin the game, the season, or injure someone for life. If an official had pulled a card on this girl at the first infraction, nothing else would have likely developed.

VIP Member
    I agree. New Mexico should pull her scholarship and the NCAA she issue a lifetime ban from all sports, for her...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

She has been suspended indefinitely.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

+1 tx-jb

Assault plainly and simply. It deserves criminal charges. What difference when or where assault occurs?
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

She should be banned from the sport for her conduct. It was much more than a momentary loss of control. The officials should also face a reprimand of some sort for not ejecting her from the game after the first incident.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I saw a boxing match where one fighter sucker punched the other after the fight, he was led from the ring in handcuffs, this girl should have been too.

There have been hockey players charged with assault for fighting gone too far on the ice. This seems pretty much like the same thing to me. She needs to do some jail time and have her scholarship yanked and banned for all sports for good.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    She has been suspended indefinitely.
    Translation: those who benefit from winning with her on the team get to decide when the smoke has cleared and heat has passed, such that they can slip her back onto the team. You can bet they'll do exactly that, if this player means sufficiently much to the team. Sadly, such an act would be an extension of the hateful actions she has engaged in, here, for all the good it would do.

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    For the record, I consider soccer a contact sport.

Sports are sports, frankly.
    Frankly, that means sportsmanship is key. "Sports is sports" and "XYZ is a contact sport" be damned.

To be fair, her hateful actions don't approach the ugliness I have seen previously in ice hockey, basketball, football. But, it is what it is: assault and battery, temporarily condoned on the field in many cases because "XYZ is a contact sport."

That said, her scholarship should be pulled by New Mexico. The NCAA should also have a look at her actions and suspend her for a minimum of one season, if not permanently.
    I agree. For a truck load of situations caught in one or more games, I'd push for permanent elimination from the sport and yanking of the scholarship. It cannot possibly be argued she's operating in the interests of the school or the sports program, and that's what a sports-based scholarship is about.

What really happened there was officials lost control of that game.
    Hm. Out-of-control officials caused the witch to yank the head of her opponent and drop her to the ground?? I suppose that can be claimed, but it has no merit. That the actions of one specific person didn't get seen and immediately acted upon doesn't mean a loss of control by officials. It can easily simply mean that her predations on other players was calculated and timed by someone well-experienced in the hateful cheating she was doing.

The punches, the hair pulling, the dangerous tackles from behind, kicks towards the head... just outrageous the officials missed it all. Just from the clips I saw about five different plays I personally would have ejected her for.
    Yes.

I, too, played competitive soccer, though not at the high-end collegiate or pro level. Still, any of the more-violent acts of the sort caught on tape, here, would have gotten players ejected immediately. At minimum, that would also involve suspension from the next game. In post-season play or in tournaments, it would keep you from the tournament. As well it should. For single instances of such violent acts, I support immediate ejection from the game and suspension from the next few; for documented, long history of such behavior, I support the yanking of the scholarship and "lifetime" suspension from competitive soccer.

She hasn't learned the lesson of sportsmanship yet? Let her learn.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Hm. Out-of-control officials caused the witch to yank the head of her opponent and drop her to the ground?? I suppose that can be claimed, but it has no merit. That the actions of one specific person didn't get seen and immediately acted upon doesn't mean a loss of control by officials. It can easily simply mean that her predations on other players was calculated and timed by someone well-experienced in the hateful cheating she was doing.
    You have to remember one thing: we are taking the game out of context by watching only what we see on TV. I haven't seen the full game, or the game film, because it was not televised in my area and I didn't find it after a quick search online.

So what do we really know? What the TV Media has chosen to show us. They've shown us enough to merit an ejection and a very long suspension, at the very least.

But what they haven't shown us is how it all started. Violence this extreme is almost always the result of escalation. Why were the officials not on top of this? HOW DID THEY MISS EVERY SINGLE ACTION SHOWN IN THE TELEVISION CLIPS? There is no excuse!

Say, for the sake of argument, that we assume that the dangerous play shown in the clips (which merits an immediate ejection, mind you) where she kicked the ball in such proximity to other player's head was the first ejectable offense to have happened. If it was caught and she was ejected neither the ponytail throw, punches, or tackles from behind would have happened!

You can jumble the order any which way you like. If the earliest offense was caught and punished none of the others would have happened. There is no excuse for every official missing each of those blatant incidents. There is no excuse, if they didn't miss them, for the player not being immediately ejected.

It is the official's job to be in control of the game. They lost control, and things got out of hand. You see this happen in athletics all the time... things come to push and shove and before you know it you've got a brawl. The officials did a terrible job.

Does that excuse her? Absolutely not. Should it assuage her guilt? Nope. Should that factor into her punishment? Nope. I'm just saying that to avoid things like this in the future the officials need to be paying attention to what is going on.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    She's hot!

(Sorry) Bad girl!!!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links