Why did CBS do this?

This is a discussion on Why did CBS do this? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was watching NCIS...one of the few network programs I really LIKED. Notice the past tense. While two of the agents were knocking on the ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why did CBS do this?

Why did CBS do this?

I was watching NCIS...one of the few network programs I really LIKED. Notice the past tense.
    While two of the agents were knocking on the door of a woman suspect...she fired through the door not knowing it was Federal agents.
    They announced who they were and she put down the weapon.
    The comment from one agent (Denoso) was:
    "Who do you think you are? Sarah Palin???"

So much for NCIS. I will never watch it again. Not because I am such a devotee of Ms. Palin, but because what was the purpose of that disrespectful comment.

A woman who hunts and supports the 2nd Amendment was made to look like a scatter brain who shoots blindly though a door.

I am going to email that station a complaint on this. It shows disrespect for all women who believe in our 2nd Amendment Rights and chose to be legal gun owners. Please join me in sending them a email on this. If we don't start complaining...it will continue.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

You just can not fix nor predict stupid.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Tony always has a wise crack, that being said anyone whom enters the public limelight is fair game (except children). I don't believe it was an anti agenda, they have ratings to worry about.

They merely chose her name because of her pro gun stance and her brief but present notoriety. JMO I like the show also.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    Tony always has a wise crack, that being said anyone whom enters the public limelight is fair game (except children). I don't believe it was an anti agenda, they have ratings to worry about.

They merely chose her name because of her pro gun stance and her brief but present notoriety. JMO I like the show also.
    Come on. If the person had been shooting rabbits...or deer....or moose...or any game I could see it, BUT it was a woman shooting blindly though a door. THAT IS INSULTING TO ANY WOMAN WHO CHOOSES TO EXERCISE HER 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS. Maybe it is because I am a woman that I find it so disgusting. Maybe because you are not...it meant nothing to you.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Cross that show off my list!

VIP Member
    Sarah Palin represents the very class of people the government run media despises the most, conservatives, and any way they can disparage her they will.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post

So much for NCIS. I will never watch it again. Not because I am such a devotee of Ms. Palin, but because what was the purpose of that disrespectful comment.
    It's called entertainment.... I found it quite amusing....

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Don't watch the shot myself, most TV is just a waste of Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Come on. If the person had been shooting rabbits...or deer....or moose...or any game I could see it, BUT it was a woman shooting blindly though a door. THAT IS INSULTING TO ANY WOMAN WHO CHOOSES TO EXERCISE HER 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS. Maybe it is because I am a woman that I find it so disgusting. Maybe because you are not...it meant nothing to you.
    Had it been a male name I still would not have taken it that way. I watch it for the entertainment value ONLY. As I said before Tony is always making cracks and that's all I take them for.

Using the male, female analysis equates to throwing the race card.

Many shows spoof celebs and politicians all the time, watch Saturday Night Live. I thought their Palin spoofs were very funny because I am looking for entertainment and a laugh not political or social enlightenment. Letterman is most definitely grinding her into the dirt nightly, now that I agree is using his show to put her down.

Sorry you are offended by it but I did not take it the same way.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    I don't believe it was an anti agenda, they have ratings to worry about.

They merely chose her name because of her pro gun stance and her brief but present notoriety.
    Malarkey! It was a political statement, period. A shot at both guns and the most popular Conservative Women in the U.S. today. I'll never watch a minute of it again.

Brief but present notoriety? Which is it? It's been over a year with no end in sight. She's just warming up.
    I wish her well.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Both NCIS programs are outstanding. Great writing, great characters, great acting. A good program won't conform 100% to any particular agenda. They're all over the place, just like the characters that are depicted.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Administrator
    A stupid comment in a stupid show on a stupid network; who woulda saw it coming?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Personally I thought it was funny. Not sure of the agenda on the show,but it made me laugh.

Michael

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I understand what you are sayin', Spirit... but ya gotta leave a little leeway for satire, and be able to laugh at your side too... what if they pulled over a drunk driver and they made a Teddy Kennedy joke...? Broke up a liason between a hooker and john and made a Clinton joke...?

I didn't see it, but it sounds like legitimate satire to me... JMO, YMMV...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

I laughed, just another Denoso line. I like the show and find it amusing.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links