RC PLANE LOVERS (including an RC Helicopter wiht a shotgun attached to it)

This is a discussion on RC PLANE LOVERS (including an RC Helicopter wiht a shotgun attached to it) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; DC-10 RC JET with actual jet engines http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuV7z...=RC%20airplane An onboard camera of an RC airplane reaching decent alitutude http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkZsh...=RC%20airplane Helicopter with shotgun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZCH1...C%20Helicopter...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RC PLANE LOVERS (including an RC Helicopter wiht a shotgun attached to it)

RC PLANE LOVERS (including an RC Helicopter wiht a shotgun attached to it)

DC-10 RC JET with actual jet engines
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuV7z...=RC%20airplane

An onboard camera of an RC airplane reaching decent alitutude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkZsh...=RC%20airplane

Helicopter with shotgun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZCH1...C%20Helicopter

2. Remove Ads

Great videos.

However, with that said, in video #2, I hope whoever is piloting that plane understands he is participating in some risky business flying over a populated area like that. His RC insurance (assuming he has it) would be certainly invalid, and if that plane goes out of control..well some nasty things could happen.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference.

VIP Member
    The RC DC-10 is pretty big....and can probably do loops and barrel rolls that would cause the wings of a real DC-10 to fall off.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

That DC-10 is awesome the shotgun/helicopter is freakin stupid. Can you imagine how dumb you would look having to go the ER for them to pick out buck shot from your butt if that thing got out of control?

Wow on the DC-10 though, that is a cool RC plane.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Assistant Administrator
    Fitz - you bin busy on Your tube today!

Yep - DC-10 is awesome indeed. I noticed the rear engine was dummy but the two wing pods looked awful close to ground too!! I seem to recall these model turbine engines cost approx $3.5k each!!! Model jets are a rich guy's sport. I have seen also a Jumbo scale model and a B-52 as well - probably $10k minimum invested in some of these jets.

The second one with camera also very good - I am hoping if I get some gear I can do same. Probably very wide-angle lens (note horizon curve - probably a ''fish-eye'' type) so height is exaggerated but still probably 200-300 feet. This one had a 2 cycle glow engine by sound of it.

#3 - hmmm welll - excellent piece of ''conversion'' tho somehow doubt in least legal!!! Pretty darned large helo too! I doubt very much this would be flown other than real local and hopefully in a safe area - hardly what I'd call safe tho!!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    Can you imagine how dumb you would look having to go the ER for them to pick out buck shjot from your butt if that thing got out of control?
    That has military applications for sure. Got a sniper in the window ? Fly that dude up there and put the camera crosshairs on his head and fire. Simple, effective and noone but the bad guy is in danger.

Instead of a shotgun, an RPG wold have lots of potential.

Think of it. You have have hundreds of those little armed copters made up for the price of one. You could rig them with bombs, grenades, napalm, thermite or evem a tiny version of a minigun. They'd be tough to get away from and they could go where it may be to hot for the big movers.

They could literally fly under the radar just a few feet off the ground and pop up where needed.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Fitz - you bin busy on Your tube today!

!!
    yeah, once I see one video and see the links to others, i get spaced out and spend a lot of time watching the videos.

I like on the helicopter video, when he fired, it kicks back the helicopter a bit!

and damn $3.5k per turbine engine, you better be a damn good pilot for that price, the controller i had in the past was quite touchy for just a cheap $400 prop plane!

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns
    That has military applications for sure. .
    Actually my cousin just got back from Iraq last month, and he told me they flew around an RC plane with a video camera and when they watched the footage when it got back, they saw like 20 Iraq soilders bowing down and surrending to the UN-MANNED device!
    Thought that was pretty damn interesting! and funny!

DC Founder
    The video of the shotgun on the helo looks like some type of prototype in research for something like HotGuns describes....

The DC10 was awesome!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Lead Moderator
    Loved the "high tech" camera mount on the DC 10.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Anyone of see the video of the RC B-52, that was a beautiful aircraft, my heart broke for the owner when it crashed.

I've posted one link to this web site in another thread, but I'll post the main forum link here.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php?topic=ezone

I do this, because I know many with an interest in RC, but haven't been active in that hobby and may not be aware at just how far it has advanced.

Of course the RC gear itself has come a long way, and you can now get stuff that does amazing things, and the "basic" gear is actually quite advance, but the price is quite low.

The big advance in the hobby is electric powered models. Once almost a joke, now they rival IC power in both power and duration.

For low cost fun, many are building flying models out of fan fold foam. The blue stuff used as insulation and under-flooring. Depending where you live, it will be blue or pink, about a quarter inch thick.

Everything is possible! You can make a profile model Bird Dog or Cub, and get it into the air for probably less than a C note. This takes care of the most expensive parts, the RC gear. After that, a model can cost as little a few bucks to build, the "pricey" stuff can be transferred from one model to the other.

What are the limits? Who knows? On that web site, you can find a 25 ft wing span model that was built in a collage dorm! Do a search on "Pink Floyd." Many pics of it being built and several videos of it in flight.

Jets don't have to cost thousands, either. Electric ducted fans are common these days. Again, everything from scratch-built $50 models that can go vertical, to 6 ft flying scale airliners.

My favorite section is the AP, or aerial photography forum. To get the gist of that section, look at the "sticky" threads at the top of that forum. Look at the photo-contest threads. You will be amazed!

Warning, the RC hobby can be just as addictive, time and money consuming as guns!

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Assistant Administrator
    Anyone of see the video of the RC B-52, that was a beautiful aircraft, my heart broke for the owner when it crashed.
    Yes I have that clip and it is almost hard to watch. A lot of money went up in a large plume of smoke.

Assuming it's the same clip - he took off on a cloudy and I suspect windy day - first turn was OK but the second turn seemed like he was lacking on air speed and once a side slip started he was done - no way to pull out. Maybe even suffered a slight downdraft.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Funny you should mention that one. It was discussed at length on the E Zone forum. There was an investigation afterwards and the conclusion was the same as you just gave.

As I recall, one of the witnesses was a BUFF pilot. He said that the same thing has happened to the full-sized bomber, as well.

Like the man says, "Out of airspeed, out of altitude, out of ideas. . . "

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Quote Originally Posted by madmike
    I've posted one link to this web site in another thread, but I'll post the main forum link here.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php?topic=ezone
    Thanks man, I now have two new homes. Combat Carry and RCGROUPS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links