Never ever again no matter what!

This is a discussion on Never ever again no matter what! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; O.k. this time I mean it. I will never step foot into a gunshow in San Antonio, Tx again. I might be persuaded to go ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never ever again no matter what!

O.k. this time I mean it. I will never step foot into a gunshow in San Antonio, Tx again. I might be persuaded to go somewhere else where there are different people, but these guys are ridiculous! Prices were WAY above retail on every single thing I looked at to include holsters and ammo.

I'm not cheap, but I like to think that one of the reasons I have money is because I don't waste it. I watched a guy buy a used Glock 17 1st gen. for $400!!!!!! I know it's none of my business and free trade and all that. But come on. He obviously had no clue what he was doing, but still. For those of you reputable people out there in the weapons business I was sorry for you today. These people made you look bad.

I got "busted" for taking a picture of a Rock Island .45 that was for sale for $580. Yes that's U.S. Dollars. The guy had it showcased like it was something special.

O.K. I feel better now. Let the dogpile begin.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Those guys are at every gun show. Let the buyer beware!
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

VIP Member
    I live on Vancouver Island and there aren't that many gun shows here. Usually with the same faces at each show. I saw an ad for a show 200 miles away in a town that hadn't had a show in my lifetime. I got up extra early, drove there and walked in when they opened at 8:30AM. Guess what. Same faces and same overpriced stuff I'd seen at my local shows. If it works the same way down there you'll have to drive a fair distance to get new faces and new stuff for sale.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I quit expecting to find bargain prices at any gun show long ago. I still go though and sometimes buy as well.

Gunshows. Where else can you find venison jerky, turquoise jewelry, stale MRE's, hemostats, hate-books, blow-guns, cheap nylon holsters, counterfeit nazi medals, and have people cough and sneeze all over you?

Quote Originally Posted by jhh3rd View Post
    Gunshows. Where else can you find venison jerky, turquoise jewelry, stale MRE's, hemostats, hate-books, blow-guns, cheap nylon holsters, counterfeit nazi medals, and have people cough and sneeze all over you?
    You forgot spies for his majesty Bloomberg as well.

Seriously though, I'd rather take the money they charge for admission and buy a cheap box of ammo to shoot. Time better spent than the gun shows these days.

Or if you're looking for a laugh, walk around, pick up everything, and ask how much. After horse laughing at the ridiculous quote they give you, pick up the next item on their table and repeat.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    I live on Vancouver Island and there aren't that many gun shows here.
    I used to go salmon fishing every summer up at Bamfield. Nice remote area up there.

But I hear ya. I won't go to any more gun shows around here. They are the epitome of lame. Bunch of get rich quick wannabes, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTomcat View Post
    I watched a guy buy a used Glock 17 1st gen. for $400!!!!!! I know it's none of my business and free trade and all that. But come on. He obviously had no clue what he was doing, but still.

While I am with you 100% on gun shows ripping people off your example was a bad one. 1st gen glock is a collector piece. That price was very much in line for one. I put one for sale on glocktalk for a buddy a few months ago and sold it right away for $400. Then others were coming out of the wood work for it and would have paid more!
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Glock30SF View Post
    While I am with you 100% on gun shows ripping people off your example was a bad one. 1st gen glock is a collector piece. That price was very much in line for one. I put one for sale on glocktalk for a buddy a few months ago and sold it right away for $400. Then others were coming out of the wood work for it and would have paid more!
    Gee thanks! one more reason to kick myself for selling my Glock back then.
    The views expressed above are the opinion of the poster and may or may not be total bunk.
    Viewer discretion is advised.

Seriously, those guys are everywhere and a lot of them will try to sell you anything they have just to turn a buck too...the more u know of course the harder they have to try!

I've seen "used " guns .. ... that people post they are selling at prices higher than what I can walk out the door and go buy new. Some dealers do the same, and some gun shows are even worse that I've seen this year. I know I've mentioned to a couple I would like to have the gun, but not at that price, then they give me the speal.... and I laugh and walk off.

I haven't seen a bargain at a gun show in years,I go to buy specific items if the price is right so I don't have to pay S&H
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I would happily pay $400 for a first generation G17.

Just because some puts a price on an item doesn't mean anyone is forced to buy it. If I don't like the price, I move along. Any of you guys ever buy a new car? Did you pay the asking/sticker price?

Gun Show Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I haven't seen a bargain at a gun show in years,I go to buy specific items if the price is right so I don't have to pay S&H
    I don't go to many gun shows. But the ones I do go to I bring a "shopping list" of my needs at that moment. I try sticking to that list as much as possible. I've seen some "so called" bargains and just walk away. At times the price is more than in the local gun shops as well.

You have to be VERY careful what you spend your hard earned money on at gun shows!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

I dont begrudge anybody for wanting to make money. What bothers me is the people not doing their research and paying such high prices. If nobody buys they would be forced to lower their prices to a reasonable level.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links