Cats

This is a discussion on Cats within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If you have cats to they tend to hop up on your computer desk and lay down like they own the joint? Or is it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cats

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Cats

If you have cats to they tend to hop up on your computer desk and lay down like they own the joint? Or is it just mine?

2. Remove Ads

Dogs have Masters; Cats have Staff........

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    JACK: Greg, how come you don't like cats?
    GREG: I don't not like cats, I just prefer dogs, I mean I'm just more a dog kinda- you know, come home and wagging the little tail, its happy to see you.
    JACK: You need that assurance do you? You prefer an emotionally shallow animal?
    GREG: ....I, uh...
    JACK: You see Greg, when you yell at a dog, his tail will go between his legs and cover his genitals, his ears will go down. A dog is very easy to break. But cats will make you work for their affection, they don't sell out the way dogs do.

Mine does that all the time, but only when the wiener dogs are secured inside their kennel.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Mine gang up on me, If one comes in, next thing I know there will be 3 or 4.
    Most of the time they are trying to tell me that they want more food, water, or I need to clean the box because someone else used it and they want clean litter.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    JACK: Greg, how come you don't like cats?
    GREG: I don't not like cats, I just prefer dogs, I mean I'm just more a dog kinda- you know, come home and wagging the little tail, its happy to see you.
    JACK: You need that assurance do you? You prefer an emotionally shallow animal?
    GREG: ....I, uh...
    JACK: You see Greg, when you yell at a dog, his tail will go between his legs and cover his genitals, his ears will go down. A dog is very easy to break. But cats will make you work for their affection, they don't sell out the way dogs do.

I know exactly where that came from, one of my favorite movies. My family says "I'm Jack".

Yep, cats think they own everything and just allow us to hang around for any conveniences they happen to need. They are very smart. We had four that lived with us (one has since died) and they are like family here, and surprisingly well-behaved and very socialable. They do sometimes get in the way like that on the computer; try reading a newspaper on the floor and the next thing you know the cat is laying on it looking up at you.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I grew up with cats, and my dad had as many as five (I think they're down to two at the moment). Their eldest cat (since died) used to sleep on top of the laser printer. He had to vacuum it three times a week because of the shedding.

Then again, when I was growing up, we had a cat that always tried to sleep on my mother's face when she was sleeping... that cat hated her.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    One of our cats is laying with her head up against the laptop now. She does this all the time. Another likes to be on the back of the chair when I'm on line. Another likes to sleep on top of the hutch on the desk I have. The worst time is at bedtime. The wife and I have 4 - 7 cats on the bed with us unless we close the door.

Hahah, cats are great, but they are aliens. They always look at you like you are crazy and they have 20 ways to kick you out of the house going around in their head.

Quote Originally Posted by BDKnow View Post
    Hahah, cats are great, but they are aliens. They always look at you like you are crazy and they have 20 ways to kick you out of the house going around in their head.
    Cats ARE like little aliens...... Sometimes I think they are scary smart. We have a couple that I swear sometimes can understand English......

One of ours always comes and stands on the keyboard when I sit down to play games, or walks back and forth in front of the screen. She lays on my magazine so that I can't read, and can't turn the pages. And every morning when I get up to get ready, she demands a drink from the faucet in my bathroom.

What? She's not human? Tell her that!
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Dog: He feeds me. He loves me. He must be a god.

Cat: He feeds me. He loves me. I must be a god.

We have three cats: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

The Good; Obeys and shows great affection. This is the "patriarch" of the cats in our house. (Daddy's boy, but loves and sleeps with Mom too!)

The Bad: Momma's Boy but loves Dad and lies on his lap regularly. If ignored, the boy's heart is crushed. Loves to play tag, fetch, and chase games. The best way to punish him for his misdeeds, is to shame and ignore him! (He is, obviously, a very "needy" individual.)

The Ugly: Is Daddy's girl, but will sleep with Mom, has her own special games, and is The Good's "special little girl." (A.K.A. "Miss Pukes a Lot" because she won't take her "hairball medicine" so it comes out "the wrong end.")

God help this family!

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Yep, cats think they own everything and just allow us to hang around for any conveniences they happen to need.
    Think?

Some cats are actually plotting to kill their humans. Here's how to tell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links