A great (and true) story about the IRS...

This is a discussion on A great (and true) story about the IRS... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was looking thru an old photo album today, and I came across a photo of an old friend... and on the TV, one of ...

Thread: A great (and true) story about the IRS...

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar

A great (and true) story about the IRS...

I was looking thru an old photo album today, and I came across a photo of an old friend... and on the TV, one of the endless stories about new taxes in the healthcare plan... and I was reminded of one of the funniest true stories I have ever heard...

For the purposes of my story, my old friend's name is Harry Jones. He is Harry Jones "the fourth", as his father, grandfather, and great-grandfather were all named Harry Jones. Harry's grandfather (Harry Jones II) moved to Florida decades ago and opened a roadside motel... and when he died in the 1970's, my friend Harry's dad (Harry Jones III) inherited the motel, and carried on the family business.

However, Harry's grandfather owed the IRS some taxes... and they kept mailing Harry's dad for a bill owed by a dead man, a man that had been dead for more than a decade. But since Harry's dad had the same name and the same address, the IRS kept hounding him... and this went on for years and years...

Harry's dad had written dozens of letters to the IRS over the years... spent hours on the phone with a long list of agents and "supervisors" that assured him they could close this matter forever... gone down to the IRS office in person a number of times, with death certificates in hand...

And then... another certified letter to Harry Jones (the second), demanding payment of this long-overdue account (from the early '70s), with the veiled threat of jail time if he did not respond immediately... a pre-addressed response envelope for his check was included.

Harry's dad hunted all around his house for a red crayon... and scrawled across the front of the letter in big crazy letters

YOU #*&% 'ERS DONT SKARE ME!

and mailed it back in the response envelope.

Never heard from them again...
    Last edited by PointnClick; November 24th, 2009 at 07:32 PM.
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

2. Remove Ads

lol
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Links