Finally got made yesterday.

This is a discussion on Finally got made yesterday. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I thought this was a funny experience that happened yesterday and wanted to share. Yesterday I did as I always do after leaving the office. ...

Thread: Finally got made yesterday.

I thought this was a funny experience that happened yesterday and wanted to share. Yesterday I did as I always do after leaving the office. Once I'v left the office and turned on a side road that leads to the main expressway home, I stop usually midway and put my pistol on my belt IWB @ the 4 o'clock position. This requires that I open the door and partially exit my truck. This day was like all the others except after I finished arming up and starting to get back in the truck, I just happened to look slightly up and what did I see, a man about twenty feet away standing about ten feet up in a dang tree.

That was the funniest feeling I'v have had in a long time. We made perfect eye contact and I kinda gave a hint of a smile and slight nod to the fellow, but he just looked puzzled, kinda stoic I guess. I couldn't figure out what he thought. It may have been my smile that froze him up like that thinking I was a BG or something. It was totally from surprise, cause the street is always empty except for the church and the thought of being made by some dude in a tree is pretty far out there IMO. I just reacted to awkwardness of the scene and got back in my truck and drove away. I always check my surroundings before I do this and I'v never even come close to being made anywhere, who'd of thought the arial view was a factor on a street with no homes . Turns out, a small tree saw was in the guys hand and I realized he was cutting the dead limb's from the tree on the edge of the Church's property as I was leaving. He was an older gentleman and I found myself wondering and chuckling about what his thoughts of the encounter were. Oh well, new plan. Arm up somewhere else, or check the trees too.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Zacheus spotted you!

just like the movies, no one ever looks up. At least it turned out alright

VIP Member
    JC ?.

Quote Originally Posted by NCTom View Post
    Zacheus spotted you!
    No, I don't think he would be lookin down if he was Zacchaeus.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Both of you had a great story to tell. I will have to check the tree trimmer forums now.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links