Gun Vault Room

Gun Vault Room

This is a discussion on Gun Vault Room within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm Thinking About Remodeling My Closet And Changing It Into A Sort Of Gun Vault/general Firearms Room For Storage, Cleaning, Repair And General Firearms Tinkering. ...

Thread: Gun Vault Room

Lightbulb Gun Vault Room

I'm Thinking About Remodeling My Closet And Changing It Into A Sort Of Gun Vault/general Firearms Room For Storage, Cleaning, Repair And General Firearms Tinkering. Can Anyone Give Me Any Tips On How To Set This Up Or What Materials To Use? Any Photos Of Your Rooms Or Storage Areas Would Be Helpful. Thank You Very Much

-45acp
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

The only thing that I would be concerned about is the ventilation. If the door is closed while you are in there you can be overtaken by the fumes of the various gun cleaning products.

When (if) I get rich enough to buy a house I am going to buy the property and just build a house with a gun vault built into it like an additional bedroom except it will have a bank vault type door and the room will be cinderblock with rebar support.

And it will have it's own vent system to bring air in and also vent it out side.

Wayne

If ya install about 1 1/2" of drywall all around you'll get some fire rating out of it also.
    the basement would be the ideal place as its low, fire rises.
    concrete/block wall on 2 sides at least.
    but that way too would have moisture/ventilation issues
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Wink Check my gallery pix

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever
    I'm Thinking About Remodeling My Closet And Changing It Into A Sort Of Gun Vault/general Firearms Room For Storage, Cleaning, Repair And General Firearms Tinkering. Can Anyone Give Me Any Tips On How To Set This Up Or What Materials To Use? Any Photos Of Your Rooms Or Storage Areas Would Be Helpful. Thank You Very Much

-45acp
    Look in my gallery and you'll see what I did. I covered the inside of my closet door with 3/4" marine plywood and then secured it with long wood screws (the closet door is wood) so that anybody so foolish as to decide to use a chain saw will get ummmm screwed up.

Then I covered that plywood with felt and screwed in "J" Hooks covered in plastic to support the handguns. I also installed two deadbolts, key locked from the outside and knob locked on the inside, just in case.... The long guns are cased and in the corners behind the hanging clothes.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Links