Line Jumpers, ARGH!!

Line Jumpers, ARGH!!

This is a discussion on Line Jumpers, ARGH!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not really sure where to put this stopy, so I thought I would throw it in here and see what kind of response I get. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Line Jumpers, ARGH!!

Not really sure where to put this stopy, so I thought I would throw it in here and see what kind of response I get.

I am visiting my family in PA for the holiday. Tonight my pregnant wife, 2 y/o son, myself and my sister's family went to a place here in SE Pa called Christmas Village. After waiting for 15-20 mins. in line I realize there are three couples in front of my sister and her family that are line jumping. I figure I have the following options...
    1. tell them where the end of the line is,
    2. tell one of the attraction employees that they just jumped the line'
    3. say nothing and enjoy the evening.

I chose #3 for the followong reasons.
    - the nearest city was just rated #37 on the list of worst cities in the US for crime. So who knows if they are packing, looking for someone to confront them, etc.
    - I am with my preganant wife, 2 y/o son and my sister, her 150lb husband and their 3 children.
    - they were only line jumping, no biggie right!!

OK, here is the issue. Can you remember a time in your life where you were bullied by someone and did nothing and you felt like a gutless turd? Well that is how I feel. Wanted to see what the rest of you would have done. I think most of you would have done the same thing considering the circumstances.

BTW - I am a CHL holder but did not bring my handgun with me on vacation. I was only armed with a 3" folder. I'm pretty certain my decision would not have been any different even if I had my gun with me.

Let me know what y'all think and tell me to get over it!!

Thanks,
    MT
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Steps in the stripping of State's Rights/Sovereignty
    1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

You did the right thing. Your desired out come would have been.

1) The offenders would right their wrong (that would not have happened).

2) Ensured that your company would have enjoyed themselves, (that would not have happened).

3) Ensured your companies safety, (you couldn't have watched out for all of them).

You did the right thing. It was only a minor inconvenience to slow down the line and a moderate inconvenience to have then insult your manhood. You couldn't have watched out for everyone in your group and they would have all felt totally uncomfortable with you confronting people and plus you were unprepared if someone decided to get violent.

You were the bigger man and did the right thing...... but I know how you feel.

I usually say something, but don't get to the point of getting into a conflict. Those people are rude, and deserve to be singled out as such.

No, it's not worth a fight, and not even close to being something we should be talking about in this section, but common courtesy dictates that people mind the proper way to get into line. How arrogant of them!

Favorites: "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier."
    Admiral Gary Roughead, CNO: "I never, ever, want to see my sailors or Marines in a fair fight."

I hate those rude people! But its not worth it to try and teach people manners. Your not gonna change them and will only cause unnecessary problems for yourself.

When I see things like that it just lets me know my parents must have done something right.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Wow... Line Jumping... Now that's a serious level 7 insult.

Ummm.. I think you did the right thing. For the right reasons.

I gotta say, sure that's rude and childish... But I just don't let that stuff bother me. When you carry a gun, you kind of have to check your emotions at the door or you end up with a ton of aggravation and indigestion.

Someone cutting in front of me in line. Yeah, it used to be annoying, now I don't lose a moments sleep over it.

As far as it goes, I don't measure my maturity or masculinity by how many petty confrontations I get into because I got dissed.

If the offenders feel I'm weak because I let them get away with petty crap... Who cares. What they don't know is that they are lucky I'm more mature than they are, considering the fact I can take their life on a moments notice.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    ...When you carry a gun, you kind of have to check your emotions at the door.......

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

I think this scenario does belong in this forum. It eaises a very valid choice. Here is the scenario:

You and your family have been waiting in line to see a show that may be sold out by the time you and finaly get to the ticket window. A group of people cut in line. You have your CW. You contemplate asking the group to go to the back of the line and the factors you tink about are as follows.

1) Its just a play and me and my family will do something else if its sold out.

2) I should ask them to go to the back of the line and it is not likely that they would become aggressive.

3) If they do become aggressive then it is a difficult situation since I am here with my kids, pregnant wife and elderly parents.

The issue I have with this is that by my own nature it feels wrong to let everyone push their way around simply because it is alway safer to avoid an issue. I would never seek to endanger my family but where do you draw the line with people who break all the rules?

VIP Member
    You did the right thing. Someone line jumping you is not worth a possible confrontation over. Your and your families safety is the most important thing you need to be concerned with.

BTW - I am a CHL holder but did not bring my handgun with me on vacation. I was only armed with a 3" folder. I'm pretty certain my decision would not have been any different even if I had my gun with me.
    Why in heavens name would you not take your weapon with you on vacation? On the road, traveling across country is the last place I'd want to be unarmed. It's not like the BG's are going to say "Hey, that dudes on vacation, we'll leave him alone so he can enjoy it."

Saying or doing anything over that kind of an issue is 'worthless'. The world is filled with 'jerks', and as long as they are not threatening me, I'd let them go. Ignoring their actions was definitely the only thing to do.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Unfortunatly Monkeytown, I dont believe this state (PA) has a reciprocal agreement with Alabama so CC would not be an option anyway unless you have a non-resident permit. But heres to wishing you and yours an enjoyable stay in PA and congrats on the new addition in the oven. We aint the best state in the US, but you will find MOST people you meet are nice and helpful depending on the area you are in.
    ~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    When you carry a gun, you kind of have to check your emotions at the door.
    Absolutely. That is why I very politely asked the woman in line behind me at Target on Black Friday (at 5:30am, without the benefit of caffeine) to stop ramming her cart into my heel, explaining that it wouldn't make me go any faster - in fact, it might slow me down a bit (not like we were going anywhere - the place was packed solid). She hit my Achilles 3 times, HARD (twice more, I caught it with my other foot). She's lucky I'm only sporting a bruise and limping.

I figured the last thing I needed was to spin around and yell at her, inadvertantly uncovering my S&W, with a county cop right next to me. Not a good way to make the news on Black Friday.

You did good Monkeytown. Anything else would have brought your family into the situation and would have probably made the wife angry and the kids scared. Also would have made you look like a jerk in front of the in-laws. You were the bigger man in this situation. Still sucks.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Use a cattle prod, Then when everybody is looking what happened, Go to the front of the line.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Now the people that bring 17 items to the 12 item check out line, they need shot.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    You did the right thing. Someone line jumping you is not worth a possible confrontation over. Your and your families safety is the most important thing you need to be concerned with.

Why in heavens name would you not take your weapon with you on vacation? On the road, traveling across country is the last place I'd want to be unarmed. It's not like the BG's are going to say "Hey, that dudes on vacation, we'll leave him alone so he can enjoy it."
    No CHL in PA and we flew so no cross coutry travel.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Steps in the stripping of State's Rights/Sovereignty
    1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links