I found it!!!

This is a discussion on I found it!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; For all of you who read my wounded deer thread last month: Well at least I have some closure. I went back to camp for ...

Thread: I found it!!!

VIP Member

I found it!!!

For all of you who read my wounded deer thread last month: Well at least I have some closure. I went back to camp for gun season and this morning after two inches of snow I shot a nice eight point. Later this morning I was putting on a drive and found my deer that I arrowed. He was all chewed up and rotten. The worst part is that someone cut off one (why only one?) of the antlers so I can't even mount the rack. I found him about 40 yards from where my blood trail ran out. I bet I must have waked within ten feet of him about five times last month and just couldn't find him.

The worst part....the side that was still there had EIGHT points on it. The other (missing) side had at least five that I counted when I arrowed him. Why on earth would someone cut off only one side? I would have been ecstatic to at least be able to do an antler mount. Now thanks to some goober, I can't. Oh well, at least I have some closure.

ETA pics:

antler pic:

antler web 1.jpg

todays deer pic. One with my #1 monkey and one with the best looking fellow here on DC:

deer web 1.jpg
    deer web 2.jpg

and yes my deer is mocking you : )
    Last edited by atctimmy; December 1st, 2009 at 07:27 PM. Reason: add pics
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Weird that someone would take only one...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Maybe the guy was trespassing and got spooked,or thought he might run into a game warden
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well I'm glad you had the closure of finding your deer. I've only lost one deer while bow hunting, and wish it was none. That must of been one hellouva beast to see walking through the woods to you. And congrats on the tasty one you did bring home.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

VIP Member
    I'm having a little trouble coping with this whole deer thing. It's making me feel pretty poopy. I can't believe the deer was right there all along and I didn't find it until a month later.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I'm having a little trouble coping with this whole deer thing. It's making me feel pretty poopy. I can't believe the deer was right there all along and I didn't find it until a month later.

actimmy

Don't beat yourself up to badly, It happens sometime

I hunt here in mi alot, (3months of the year), 2-5 days a week
    and in 39 years of hunting have lost 0 deer while firearms hunting, and 3 while bowhunting.

Do not take it so hard
    What drives me nuts is these fools who could'nt hit the side of a barn with a sherman tank, who shoot deer, can't find them and then keep repeating all season,

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."
    Winston Churchill
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    actimmy

Don't beat yourself up to badly, It happens sometime

I hunt here in mi alot, (3months of the year), 2-5 days a week
    and in 39 years of hunting have lost 0 deer while firearms hunting, and 3 while bowhunting.

Do not take it so hard
    What drives me nuts is these fools who could'nt hit the side of a barn with a sherman tank, who shoot deer, can't find them and then keep repeating all season,

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."
    Winston Churchill
    I wouldn't feel as bad if it was just a regular buck but this was a monster. The biggest deer I have killed in 20+ years of hunting.

actimmy; Nice deer, I would love to have seen the rack on the other though. My BIL's nephew got a 17 pointer years ago, it was a crazy looking rack but pretty cool.
    Enjoy the venison.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    actimmy; Nice deer, I would love to have seen the rack on the other though. My BIL's nephew got a 17 pointer years ago, it was a crazy looking rack but pretty cool.
    Enjoy the venison.
    Thank you.

Links