United 93...see it NOW!

United 93...see it NOW!

This is a discussion on United 93...see it NOW! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I saw United 93 today. When I first heard about the film a while ago, my first reaction was an upset one. I was furious ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

United 93...see it NOW!

I saw United 93 today.

When I first heard about the film a while ago, my first reaction was an upset one. I was furious that someone (other than Michael Moore) would try to bank off a national tradgedy. This film is anything but that.

This film is not political. There is no agenda. It is nothing more than an amazing attempt to portray the reality of the horror of 9/11 from United 93's perspective.

Honor the victims. Never forget who the enemy is. After seeing the film, you will hate our enemies more than ever.

See the film NOW.
    Proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy:
    http://www.xanga.com/jaltered

Assistant Administrator
    Glad to hear it is as you describe - I was afraid like you it would be a ''Moore'' type extravaganza.

I shall try and see it when possible.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I don't know if I can go and see this movie....I bawled like a baby in the evening of 9/11/01 from the emotions and shock of that day (I was in the WTC about 45 minutes before the attack and witnessed the fall of both towers from about 10 city blocks away or so) and it took me a month before I could go back into NYC.

I will forget the events and aftermath of 9/11/01 when I die and not before....until that day does happen, I will always remember that attack on us....I will also remember that the current GWOT started IMHO at least in 1979 upon the creation of the Islamic Republic of Iran and when the followers of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini rose up and humbled our country by invading the U.S. Embassy and holding our citizens for 444 days. Those events were then followed by a successful war of attrition against a world superpower, the USSR (helping in the weakening and downfall of the Iron Curtain, but also leading to the "creation" of a new generation of radical followers of Islam dedicated to bringing the war to their former suppliers and supporters...the U.S.), followed by years of small skirmishes by the radical takfiri against the non-Muslim world and fellow Muslims that don't view the world in the same myopic way as the radicals, to the current events of the last five or six years....and probably future events.

I think this movie is important for many in this often-times short-sighted country of ours since, while I won't forget anytime soon 9/11/01 and the events preceding them (and our enemies certainly won't either)...so many people will and have already.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I missed it today but I will see it next week for sure! I feel every American should see this movie to not only remember but really understand what happened and almost live it as it happened to be able to put yourself into that situation and see it almost first hand based on recreated events.

I hope this movie wakes people up to reality and what we are really going through in this country. This is only the beginning my friends, I believe there is more to come and how successful the terrorist are depends on us! good ole American's that are paying attention and doing our part. I am not worried about me or most if not all of this board being alert to things going on or happening, I am worried about the ones that have no clue and think the government is going to prevent or stop the terrorist from doing this again.

So I am glad this movie is out and I don't think it is a day to soon.

I will have to change my SL form coming soon to playing NOW!

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I'm happy to see the movie come out, I hope it breaks attendence records for the theaters. Good to see something that isn't anti-american or anti-straight-white-guy come out of hollyweird.

Heard a review that said the whole thing was filmed with a handheld camera, and it shakes real bad. That kind of film makes me quite literally sick if I see it on the big screen. I'm going to have to wait for it to come out on DVD.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Hello All
    Just think if we lived in my perfect world where most people carried a weapon none of this could have have happened. Those low lifes that killed our people would have never even tried to take control of an aircraft. Just think the story would have went like this BG's stood up good guys and gals pointed 30 weapons at them and the war would have been over. But my world is yet to come and all we can do is be ready to assist as many of those SOB's in getting to meet alah as soon as possible. Every person on those planes and in the buildings are heros and must never be forgotten. I am not sure I can watch the movie but I will try.
    Philip L. McCleary
    Security via CCW
    and a lot of practice
    Dispatchers have the best jobs
    we tell the police where to go and they have
    to do it. Policy manual says so.

de N4LNE

Senior Moderator
    I remember when the 9/11 commission report came out, reading the sections on flight 93 and being profoundly moved. The passengers on flight 93 were truly heroes in every sense.

Matt

See United 93....?

No. Absolutely not.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    I saw the film, and it was truly excellent. I'm a volunteer FF and EMT in northern NJ... and I know people who responded and worked the pile at ground zero. It was extremely difficult for me to sit through the whole movie, but it was an excellent portrayal of the events of that day, and the cast / crew / director did an excellent job of capturing the shock of what happened.

Highly recommend you see the film... and never forget....

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaltered
    After seeing the film, you will hate our enemies more than ever.
    Is that possible???????
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I agree, see the movie. My girlfriend and I saw it at the 22:30 show last night.
    I wanted to see it, she wasn't too thrilled. She's a left winger, Hillary loving person and she said it was a good movie. Me, I was angry again, some people constantly see reminders, but most of the contry doesn't have that option. This movie should be shown every 11 Sept to remind people what we're fighting for.

The manager told me that he knows several people who saw the movie several times.

Go see it but be ready for your blood to boil.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dpesec
    She's a left winger, Hillary loving person
    How did that happen? Does she support the second amendment?
    I had a girlfriend like that.....we didn't make it that long. She freaked one night when we were in college and she opened the glovebox and saw my trusty Sig P226. Its not like she didn't know it was in there!!!

Dang, I sure do miss her. The Sig P226 that is!!!! Shouldn't have sold her off.

This is also the same girl that thought it would be funny to point a Smith and Wesson Mod 65 at my head during a family Christmas gathering. My brother gave it to me as a Christmas gift and I had just unwrapped it. Thankfully it wasn't loaded. (Hey, my brother is no idiot!) When I got done screaming at her in front of everyone, I think she got the point that was very unkosher. That was the last straw. The breakup happened a few days after Christmas.

My wife is not a gun freak by any means, but she is cool with them and is glad that I own and carry them.

I am not saying your girlfriend is anything like my ex, it just that she was a left wing Hilliary lover and that comment made me think of her!
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I will never forget 9/11/01.

In the days following 9/11/01, I developed a hunger for blood, I wanted to kill every POS Radical Islamic Fundamentalist on the face of this planet.

I never felt as much anger in my entire life.
    It took me a while to calm to a rational level.

I wanted to go see this movie this weekend. However, I chose not to, because I knew it would make me absolutely furious.

I hope it does well in box office receipts.

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    My wife and I saw it opening night also. What impressed me was that there was no hollywood pandering either way. Not one person as elevated above the others. There was no single "hero" portrayed.

Many of the characters in the film (air traffic control, FAA personel) were not actors. They actually played themselves in the movie.

For a bird's eye view of the chaos and incredulity of the events that transpired that day, I recommend seeing this film.

And yes... I was mad all over again.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4TheBrand

And yes... I was mad all over again.

I think it would be impossible for anyone who felt any anger at all on 9/11 to NOT feel anger after watching the movie. Although time has allowed me to have them less frequently, I still have nights where I can't go to sleep, or I'm very emotional, thinking about that day...

The movie brought that all out all over again...

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links