I had to shoot a dog today!

This is a discussion on I had to shoot a dog today! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Thats right! I got up this morning and opened the front drapes and there sat a MUTT..doing his business on my lawn,I quickly grabbed my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I had to shoot a dog today!

I had to shoot a dog today!

Thats right!
    I got up this morning and opened the front drapes and there sat a MUTT..doing his business on my lawn,I quickly grabbed my pistol and ran out and unloaded the gun on the MUTT!
    It was like 15 degrees out and when I shot him, he took off yelling..that dog is lucky that my pistol didn't hold ANY more water than it did!
    I will buy a SUPER SOAKER next week!

2. Remove Ads

Had me scared for a second. lol
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

If you could have read my mind when I was reading the first couple sentences...
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    April Fools Day is a little early.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    Your lucky he didn't raise a leg and shoot back!

First thing that came to my mind was irrational and maybe there was something that I was missing from the story. I sure was right
    A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun.

No law ever prevented a crime.
    -Anonymous

A Fool refuses to protect himself, his family, and his home. - Me

On a serious note

Shooting dogs [and other animals] in self-defense is more common than shooting rapists and murderers.
    The cities have had an increase in the number of poor trained attack dogs [often drug dealers] and there have been increases in the cases of rabies.

Rabid cats, skunks, dogs and even squirrels may need to be shot. Dogs may be a threat and need to be shot.

We all worry about the terrorists, murderers and robbers, but animals are another valid reason to always be armed.
    The People Think the Constitution Protects Their Rights;
    Government See IT as an Obstacle to be Over-come.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH @ the dog "shooting back"
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

VIP Member
    A perfect example of why you should carry a BUG...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Stick with the super soaker. The stopping power of a water pistol is trumped by a super soaker! Plus you get a bigger magazine, I mean tank.
    $cris@caferacer>wakeup.sh
    sudo apt-get install caffeine
    Password:
    Unpacking...
    Caffeine installed correctly
    $cris@caferacer>startday.sh

Dude.....you're on the edge man! LOL! 15+ water pistol=dog cube. Keep up the good work, and avoid steaming turds in your yard.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    He had it coming! Dang dog...bet he will think twice before doing his business on your yard!

And for the record, you really had me going there until the end. I was aghast until then! Well played.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Dude...had to read it 3 times to catchthe "water" part. I was attacked by my neighbor's two pit bulls 2 weeks before I got married (16 years ago). I was sweeping our soon-to-be new home side walk and still moving and didn't have a gun on my. A mistake I never made again. They were irresponsible dog owners. I called the police, went to town council, etc. I spoke to the Chief of Police and began open carrying in my yard to go to the mail box, get trash cans, and mow the grass. In a meeting with the Police Chief and the neighbors I told them that if those dogs ever entered my yard again I would shoot them and he told them and me I was justified in doing so (although I would face minor charges for shooting within the town limits). A shame to have to live that way in the town you grew up in. In the end, I moved out of principle.

I live in the mountains and we have coyotes, deer, bear, groundhogs, skunks, etc. around. I've shot numerous groundhogs at the golf course (at the request of our head grounds guy). I use my Ruger P95 as my groundhog gun. The last couple of years I've seen some bear out at the golf course and a few weeks ago my buddy's motion activated scouting camera took pictures of a 300+ pound bear less than a mile from my house. I might have to break out the 357 mag for bear...or a super soaker.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Macklin View Post
    Shooting dogs [and other animals] in self-defense is more common than shooting rapists and murderers.
    The cities have had an increase in the number of poor trained attack dogs [often drug dealers] and there have been increases in the cases of rabies.

Rabid cats, skunks, dogs and even squirrels may need to be shot. Dogs may be a threat and need to be shot.

We all worry about the terrorists, murderers and robbers, but animals are another valid reason to always be armed.
    Jim; the last case of a human having rabies in Kansas, was 1968. There were 3 cases with humans in the last couple of years across the whole USA , and all of those were gotten while they were overseas. In Ks... 89% of rabies , is in skunks. The next highest is bats. In the last 20 yrs, 1 dog (wild) and 1 coyote have had rabies in the entire state.

Think the dog will be back ?? Super soakers do work really really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Jim; the last case of a human having rabies in Kansas, was 1968. There were 3 cases with humans in the last couple of years across the whole USA , and all of those were gotten while they were overseas. In Ks... 89% of rabies , is in skunks. The next highest is bats. In the last 20 yrs, 1 dog (wild) and 1 coyote have had rabies in the entire state.

Think the dog will be back ?? Super soakers do work really really well.
    Last week KNSS radio broadcast warnings, the police and fire departments were out in Wichita looking for a rabid cat that had bitten a lady somewhere around Harry and Woodlawn [general area]. Animal bites: First aid - Health - NewsRunner
    ABC - KAKE 10 - Wichita KS, Nov 19, 2009 / A Wichita woman is undergoing treatment for rabies after being attacked by a kitten she'd been feeding on her ...
    www.newsrunner.com/topic/health/271938437/0 - Cached

They reported several animals had been found in the recent past in Wichita, some wild, some pets that had not be vaccinated.

It wasn't too many years ago that a dog killed an older woman in Harper County. The dog owner was charged IIRC.

The WPD has shot and killed at least a dozen dogs in the last 5 years or so.

A school boy waiting for the school bus was killed by a pack of 2 or 3 dogs near Manhattan before CCH came to Kansas. Of course school bus drivers can't carry, so they would still have to wait for the sheriff deputies to come and kill the dogs.
    The People Think the Constitution Protects Their Rights;
    Government See IT as an Obstacle to be Over-come.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links