Back Home in ALABAMA

This is a discussion on Back Home in ALABAMA within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, we made it back to Alabama last night. Had supper with Leah's brother in Birmingham and got in to the big city of Marion ...

Thread: Back Home in ALABAMA

VIP Member

Back Home in ALABAMA

Well, we made it back to Alabama last night. Had supper with Leah's brother in Birmingham and got in to the big city of Marion (pop. 4000) about 11:20pm. I don't know who was more excited us or the dogs. We missed them and obviously they missed us. We got things squared away enough to be able to go to bed and collapsed.

We've been just slowly getting ourselves together today. We had a great time with our friends in Vanvouver, WA, but there's no place like home. I will take us at least 2 or 3 days to get back to normal.

I have to wonderful job of tranferring a bunch of things from my former main computer to my current main computer over this weekend. Current main was my music computer, but my old main is dying so everything that is not on the server has to be transferred. Not a lot of stuff, but requires identifying and moving. The main thing will be my saved email files. Time consuming, but necessary. My computers in use will soon drop down to a number that won't cause a gasp whenever anyone hears it. After moving out the old main, I have one more that I will transfer some software from and I will be down to two plus the laptop and the server. The stuff that is made now is such junk I don't know what I will do when one of these goes down.

Have a great weekend and hopefully by Monday I will be back to normal or as reasonable a facsimile as I am able to produce.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Welcome back, Dr. Have a good weekend! We expect pics of the new Sig someday....just not today!

Links