This pisses me off more than I can describe.

This is a discussion on This pisses me off more than I can describe. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I will never give a panhandler a cent again. YouTube - Panhandler scammer...

I will never give a panhandler a cent again.

YouTube - Panhandler scammer

I heard that panhandlers work for Goldman Sachs on their off days!

ha ha. I've known about this junk for years actually. Every once and a while you can tell that the person is truly in need. It is actually outlawed where I live now.
    Culture cannot be inherited. The culture of previous ages will vanish unless each new generation wins it for itself again and again. Only that for which we have worked, or even suffered, truly belongs to us. - Zoltan Kodaly

I lived in in the UK for a few years in high school. I remember always seeing this panhandler in the Picadilly Circus area....then one day he was picked up in a limo. I'm not surprised....not at all.

It's their job. I don't give money to panhandlers because it incourages that behavior. If no one gave them money maybe they will get a job. When I lived in San Francisco I kept fruit to offer to panhandlers. One orange will last for weeks.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Amazing! I am way to gullible. I would/will believe most anyone.
    Steven
    The "news media" has ceased being the watch dog of the people and has become the apologist for an irresponsible government.

Akron, OH has Panhandler Licenses! They're $50 a year.

Some of these guys make $100- $200 a day.

Some guy showed me his Pan Handling License the other day when he hit me up for money. I was flabbergasted.

I wish they'd make it illegal. I live in a small township with a lot of wealthy people (unfortunately I'm not one of them.)There were 3 Panhandlers in the shopping center the other day. They're commuting from the city because they know they can make more money.

I know the PD in my area has nothing to do. They are often all sitting at the Gas Station talking.
    They need to boot these people now before they start thinking its ok.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Just think, someone getting cash handed out to him/her because people feel sorry will never get a job, why would they?

I noticed that in downtonw Minneapolis there is a group of panhandlers that are organized like a business. They swap their signs regularly and at the end of the day/shift they get together to count the "profits."

Never, ever give money to panhandler, regardless of what story they tell you. It looks bad, encourages their behavior and addictions and affects businesses in the area.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Years ago when I was in school (that was a LONG time ago) I had someone that I knew that used to panhandle on the week ends. That is how he put himself through school. Was making $100 a weekend back in the 60's. That was back when $3 per hour was good money.

I watched the video and I guess I'm not surprised. I've given to lots of people I've seen at intersections thinking they were in a bad situation. Now I'm not sure what I'll do when I see them.

Maybe the lady who mentioned karma will be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson2 View Post
    I watched the video and I guess I'm not surprised. I've given to lots of people I've seen at intersections thinking they were in a bad situation. Now I'm not sure what I'll do when I see them.

Maybe the lady who mentioned karma will be right.
    Easy, send a check to any local outreach or social services agency. Donate your old stuff to the Salvation Army or Goodwill, and don't forget to donate to the local food closets/soup kitchens.

Any person that really needs assistance know where to go. Don't give change, but make change...
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

The last one I ran into got mad that I didn't give him money, then began telling me "YOU ARE going to give ME ALL of your money", and reaching in his pocket to pull a knife. At that point, it turned from panhandling to robbery. It was at that point, as he was threatening me, etc., I took a solid stance and put my hand on my gun, and telling him to back off NOW.

VIP Member
    LEOs here had occasion to arrest a panhandler and when checking his pockets, found over $600.00 in small bills, a duffel bag hidden in the bushes was also found with his regular (nice) clothes and shoes in it.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I've mentioned before that I'm setting up my "Will work for food" franchise. For a small fee and a percentage of the take, you get a crutch, an old coat, and a "Will work for food" sign crudely written on cardboard! Call now to see if your territory is open!
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

Back in the 80s I read a story of a guy who cleaned windshields for "contributions" in the streets of New York. He wore ratty clothes and had used newspapers to wipe the glass clean. He made over $300/day!!! He had a $2000/mo apartment near Central Park.

I am not really concerned so much about that as I am about those who would spend my money on cigarettes, booze, or drugs. For that reason, I refuse to give ANYONE money on the street. I carry around a stack of $10 Jack Cash cards in my truck and if I feel the need to give they get some JITB. Last week I was approached in the parking lot of Home Depot by some guys looking for money for food. Took them across the parking lot to the Farmer Boy's and told them to get any meal on the menu.

I don't want to have to try to judge who needs it and who doesn't. I will give to anyone who says they need it because I do have some extra. I will NEVER give anyone some cash.

Links