More restrictions on our soldiers??

This is a discussion on More restrictions on our soldiers?? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So just seen on the news that our soldiers have a bunch of new rules and restrictions that favor the Taliban. Sorry but this is ...

Thread: More restrictions on our soldiers??

More restrictions on our soldiers??

So just seen on the news that our soldiers have a bunch of new rules and restrictions that favor the Taliban. Sorry but this is getting out of hand. Their jobs are hard enough as it is. Now we are taking away our soldiers ability to defend themselves and forcing them to make decisions before engaging the enemy so they don't get in trouble. You think the terrorist care?? Now they have an edge.

One of the new "laws" is they cannot engage the enemy if there are any civilians around. So all the terrorist have to do now is attack our soldiers in civilian areas and our soldiers can't return fire.. WTH is wrong with our country!!

Am I the only one disgusted by this??
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    No you aren't the only one thats disgusted. I spent 24 years in the military and if we had the restrictions they do today I would have spent a lot fewer years.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

You are not alone at all. I really love the one, if they see someone running away with a gun in their hand, they are not allowed to shoot unless that person is actively shooting at them.

Person opinion, if shooting starts and you are "truly" a civilian, most "civilians" are smart enough to get the heck out of there or get their heads down. If they 'cover' or act as a shield for someone shooting at me..... like done in Lebanon by Hezbollah, then they have a high chance of getting shot too.... and so be it. Get in the fight, or get the heck out of the way.

This is starting to sound like the "Viet Nam mentality" where Politicians were making the decisions on how to run military operations and got a lot of people killed. The Politicians get us in it, then don't want our military to fight it. There is no such thing as PC in war nor a battle.

This is starting to sound like the "Viet Nam mentality" where Politicians were making the decisions on how to run military operations and got a lot of people killed. The Politicians get us in it, then don't want our military to fight it. There is no such thing as PC in war nor a battle.[/QUOTE

Exactly like happened in Viet Nam- can't fire unless fired upon....can't bomb the dikes in the North, total Washington BS.

I didn’t read his book the hope thing, but I am told there is a quote in there that goes something like this.

“If there is a conflict I will always take the Muslim side”

It would seem he is just following what he put in his book.

So while our soldiers are trying to figure out what to do. The guys that don't care about the rules are slicing heads off with dull bowie knives.Oh and if you catch one you better not be mean to him even though his IED just killed 6 of your buddies. Whose side is Obama on anyway??
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    This is starting to sound like the "Viet Nam mentality" where Politicians were making the decisions on how to run military operations and got a lot of people killed. The Politicians get us in it, then don't want our military to fight it. There is no such thing as PC in war nor a battle.

Exactly like happened in Viet Nam- can't fire unless fired upon....can't bomb the dikes in the North, total Washington BS.
    Yep that does bring back memories, and don't even load your weapon unless you get permission first.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

November 2010 is just around the corner. What the USA needs is a majority in 'the swamp', (D.C.) that will 'tie the hands' of BHO. The country really is imo nearing the 'tipping point'.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMyRight2 View Post
    One of the new "laws" is they cannot engage the enemy if there are any civilians around. So all the terrorist have to do now is attack our soldiers in civilian areas and our soldiers can't return fire.. WTH is wrong with our country!!
    Source of this info?

...because I haven't seen an ROE change come through my channels...not to mention, all coalition forces have the right to self-defense...that is a standing ROE. I'm the guy that makes sure everyone knows the ROEs.

[...for 8 more days!!]
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by ntkb View Post
    I didn’t read his book the hope thing, but I am told there is a quote in there that goes something like this.

“If there is a conflict I will always take the Muslim side”

It would seem he is just following what he put in his book.
    Just to be clear on the facts: snopes.com: Barack Obama in His Own Words

Links