Man shot in the back 6 times

This is a discussion on Man shot in the back 6 times within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Apparently, this is a true story. It was emailed to me, so it has to be true. THE HOUSTON HERALD NEWSPAPER MARCH 5th, 2009 Last ...

Thread: Man shot in the back 6 times

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Man shot in the back 6 times

Apparently, this is a true story. It was emailed to me, so it has to be true.

THE HOUSTON HERALD NEWSPAPER
    MARCH 5th, 2009

Last Thursday night around midnight, a woman from Houston, Texas was arrested, jailed, and charged with manslaughter for shooting a man 6 times in the back as he was running away with her purse.

The following Monday morning, the woman was called in front of the arraignment judge, sworn in, and asked to explain her actions.

The woman replied, "I was standing at the corner bus stop for about 15 minutes, waiting for the bus to take me home after work. I am a waitress at a local cafe. I was there alone, so I had my right hand on my pistol, that was in my purse, that was hung over my left shoulder. All of a sudden I was being spun around hard to my left. As I caught my balance, I saw a man running away from me with my purse. I looked down at my right hand and I saw that my fingers were wrapped tightly around my pistol. The next thing I remember is saying out loud, "no way punk! You’re not stealing my pay check and tips."

I raised my right hand, pointed my pistol at the man running away from me with my purse, and squeezed the trigger of my pistol 6 times!

When asked by the arraignment judge, "why did you shoot the man 6 times?

The woman replied under oath, "because, when I pulled the trigger the 7th time, it only went click."

The woman was acquitted of all charges. She was back at work, at the cafe, the next day!

Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

If the story is true, I like TX law, and probably the reason that Ted Nugent moved there.
    Six shots with six hits on a moving target? Nice shooting...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

She needs to quit her day job and talk to the Comp. Shooters. Learn SPEED from Jerry M and shes golden for Competition! And if that story is true, texas law (parts like this) need to be spread out through the US.
    ~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

If story is true, good for her. I am glad $80,000 of my tax dollars didn't go to patching up vermin.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Wow talk about a double tap...three times! If the story is true thats great, however I know that in some states shooting a BG that is running away is illegal..the threat is over...or he is going to get more friends, in which case your spare mag will be in effect. So make sure you check your local laws, some people follow it by the book.

Links