Unusual Christmas Decorations

This is a discussion on Unusual Christmas Decorations within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; “Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him ...

Thread: Unusual Christmas Decorations

Unusual Christmas Decorations

“Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after two days. I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever. Great stories. But two things made me take it down.
    First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic accidents as they almost wrecked when they drove by.

Second, a 55 year old lady grabbed the 75 pound ladder almost killed herself putting it against my house and didn’t realize that it was fake until she climbed to the top (she was not happy). By the way, she was one of the many people who attempted to do that. My yard couldn’t take it either. I have more than a few tire tracks where people literally drove up my yard.”

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    And I thought a secure perimeter of green army men around Lima's manger scene was good.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    And I thought a secure perimeter of green army men around Lima's manger scene was good.
    JD I'm shocked that you don't have small plastic Marines guarding the manger. I mean, Army men? For real?
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    “Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after two days. I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever. Great stories. But two things made me take it down.
    First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic accidents as they almost wrecked when they drove by.

Second, a 55 year old lady grabbed the 75 pound ladder almost killed herself putting it against my house and didn’t realize that it was fake until she climbed to the top (she was not happy). By the way, she was one of the many people who attempted to do that. My yard couldn’t take it either. I have more than a few tire tracks where people literally drove up my yard.”

That's hilarious.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    That's too funny!!!!

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    thats clever

It would suck if it came to a "boy who cried wolf" thing... hanging off a gutter doesn't sound like much fun
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

VIP Member
    Is your last name GRISWOLD?
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Some people have asked if that was me, posing for the photo.

No!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Very Funny... I really enjoyed that.

Thanks for Sharing.

That's hilarious!
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    That is funny

I saw this somewhere else and I thought it was real. I remember thinking to myself: "Who would have stopped and taken the time to take the picture while said person was hanging from the gutters?" That and: "Those gutters are very securely attached to the house."

Best...Christmas....decoration...ever...
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    That's truly unique. Why don't you do it again for April Fools day. You'd make history.
    Wisdom of the Older Gunner:
    To carry a firearm and not have to use it is a blessing
    To not carry a firearm and need one is avoidable and sometimes fatal stupidity

VIP Member
    Hmm, around here if someone saw that and called the fire department, and they responded, the home owner would have to pay for the response.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Links