Medical Journal: Santa Needs to Clean Up His Act

This is a discussion on Medical Journal: Santa Needs to Clean Up His Act within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Medical Journal: Santa Needs to Clean Up His Act - Nutrition | Physical - FOXNews.com Medical Journal: Santa Needs to Clean Up His Act Thursday, ...

Thread: Medical Journal: Santa Needs to Clean Up His Act

Medical Journal: Santa Needs to Clean Up His Act - Nutrition | Physical - FOXNews.com

Thursday, December 17, 2009

With his portly belly and a fondness for a brandy-fuelled spin on the sleigh, Santa Claus is hardly the picture of health or safety.

Now his wild ways are catching up with him, with calls for a radical overhaul of his bad boy image. A study by Monash University public health expert Dr. Nathan Grills found Santa could be promoting obesity and speeding and damaging millions of lives.

The childhood legend should be used to promote a healthy lifestyle, the study, published in the British Medical Journal, found.

It suggested Santa slim down by ditching the cookies, mince pies and milk, and snack instead on his reindeers' carrots and celery sticks. His reckless behavior could also encourage extreme sports such as roof surfing and chimney jumping not to mention speeding.

At the very least he should buckle up or don a helmet, the study says.

"I wouldn't go as far as saying that Santa causes obesity it's more about raising wider issues around advertising and public health," he said.

A study of American school kids shows Santa Claus is the only fictional character more highly recognized than Ronald McDonald.
    We live in a world with a bunch of total idiots!!!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Everything about that article is pathetic - especially the fact some idiots approved grant money for the study.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Everything about that article is pathetic - especially the fact some idiots approved grant money for the study.
    I can put some of that grant money to good use......I got PLENTY of stupid things to study.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    A study by Monash University public health expert Dr. Nathan Grills found Santa could be promoting obesity and speeding — and damaging millions of lives.
    This idiot needs to get out of the classroom and get a real life!

You've got to be kidding me...

So now Santa is a bad role model for the youth and is promoting obesity and speeding? Seriously??!?
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

My response to this would be completely so Ill only say that this idiot NEEDS a life or at least a good ... NEVER MIND I value my membership here and respect the rules...

~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

There should be enough grant money left over to study how idiots like this actually get grant money to study things. I mean, it's Santa Claus. Come on folks, you can't be serious?

Perhaps he read, "The Idiots Guide to Grant Money."
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Wow just wow!!

You just cant fix stupid and the worst kind of stupid is academic and governmental stupid.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

I'm gonna apply for a grant to try to figure out why it takes my coffee maker so long to make a pot of coffee
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Dukalmighty, ill help you with that, we can file it together, I need to look into the same problem with mine.
    ~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    NO...it's sitting at home all day playing video games and eating junk food that is making our kids obese.

And it didn't take any grant money OR too much time for me to come to this conclusion.
    Proud NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinNEPA View Post
    Dukalmighty, ill help you with that, we can file it together, I need to look into the same problem with mine.
    ~Steve
    Just word your grant request something like this - "The effects on climate change caused by excessive percolation time and man-made percolating equipment."

You guys are sure to get your grant money then.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

This is a joke right? Someone wrote this as a gag, making fun of how politically moronic this country has become....right?

Right?

Links