Prayer Sign in Montana

This is a discussion on Prayer Sign in Montana within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't know if anyone has seen this sign outside of Nye, Montana. If someone has already posted it I couldn't find it in a ...

Thread: Prayer Sign in Montana

Prayer Sign in Montana

I don't know if anyone has seen this sign outside of Nye, Montana. If someone has already posted it I couldn't find it in a search.

I need one.

Woman With A Gun

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession. - George Washington

2. Remove Ads

I like it!

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Believe it or not, this sign is posted on the ranch in Nye where we were care-takers while we were building our own home. The owner was from down south--a great couple--and had a nice vacation home on the place. We rented the original homestead house. He sold it about two years ago-we would have loved to buy it, but it was quite a bit out of our reach........

We did not have many folks drive down the driveway by accident
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

on edit

This is the view from the residence end of the driveway, looking towards the back of the sign..........
    Attached Images
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

What a beautiful place you live in. I love Idaho and Montana. If I could afford it I would move to the Bitterroot Valley but there are too many liberals moving there. As it is Bonners Ferry, ID may end up being my home in the future.
    Woman With A Gun

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession. - George Washington

Nice location with great views. Gotta love Montana.

Clear warning to stay out, though I wonder whether the statutes would support gunning down someone merely for occupying space. In such a situation, I'd think such a sign could be a detriment and use against a person (in court).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Clear warning to stay out, though I wonder whether the statutes would support gunning down someone merely for occupying space. In such a situation, I'd think such a sign could be a detriment and use against a person (in court).
    That is true but hopefully no BG would be stupid enough to test it out.
    Woman With A Gun

I like the sign!!!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

We live in a fairly isolated community--so any BGs coming in would be fairly easily seen as somebody from "someplace else" and thus watched when they drove down a neighbor's driveway

All I know for sure is that in 2 years, we never had anybody strange (well, "strangers" at least ) come down our driveway that wasn't invited. I suspect that the owners' sign might have had something to do with it...........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

- Ronald Reagan

Links