This is a discussion on Avatar within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You have to see this movie!! I just saw it tonight and it is truly movie magic to the fullest extent of the word. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar

You have to see this movie!! I just saw it tonight and it is truly movie magic to the fullest extent of the word. I am absolutely blown away by this movie.

See it in 3D. See it at the best theater near you. I guarantee it is worth whatever price you have to pay to see it! I don't have an IMAX near me, but I was stunned at this movie and if I can find an IMAX nearest to me, I will make the drive to see it again, it is that good!

ETA: I can honestly say, this is the best movie I have seen yet!

Avatar Official Movie Website | In Cinemas December 18
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

+1 Awesome does not describe it. I saw it in 3D, it was GREAT!
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

I saw it tonight and it was 3 hours long,but you didn't notice the timw due to all the action and graphics on the screen,I believe it is only in 3-D,my wife in Canada said it is sold out for 3 months in Montreal area theatres
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    The 200 Million dollar animated version of the plot stolen from Dances With Wolves?
    I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The 200 Million dollar animated version of the plot stolen from Dances With Wolves?
    I'll pass.
    This, and I am tired of the "USMC indescrimanatly kill indigeious population yet somehow a bunch of tall smurfs with bows and arrows can stop the 2nd Marine Division" theme.

Opinions will vary, obviously.

My wife and I saw it last night and thought it was great. Yes, the plot was something of a rip-off from Dances With Wolves, and yes the name of the mineral being mined was more than a little hokey. But visually the film was stunning! We thought it was worth every penny.

Brian

Any bets on when we start getting movies that have no real actors and no real locations and you won't be able to tell the difference?

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I'll pass.
    They say almost as high as 500 million and I'm not really into tall blue smurfs either.

My sons want badly to see this movie, but I heard their are scenes inappropriate (sex) in this movie. Anybody care to elaborate?
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I am going to check it out next week as well. I just want to see what a 250 million plus movie is all about.
    TheShadow:
    True but: Having embalming fluid in your system is gotta be worse

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    My sons want badly to see this movie, but I heard their are scenes inappropriate (sex) in this movie. Anybody care to elaborate?
    There is one scene that involves some kissing, which progresses on to sort of, implied sex, but nothing graphic. No nudity either. There is some profanity and I think that is a large part of what earned the PG-13 rating.

My wife an I are not parents though, so we don't typically screen movies for "child friendliness."

Brian

Our little theater in town wasn't showing it in 3D, but I thought it was great anyway. I can't even begin to comprehend how they make movies like this. My mind is boggled!

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    Nothing is shown. Like a previous poster said, just some kissing.
    Proud NRA & MCRGO Member

"The handgun would not be my choice of weapon if I knew I was going to a fight....I'd choose a rifle, a shotgun, an RPG or an atomic bomb instead."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    So in synopsis, "Looks great, less filling," is that about it?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

____
    I saw it yesterday, and if there is any sex in I missed it...Great movie!!!!
    Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel Tec P3AT, Ruger LCR,Ruger SR1911,SKS, Mossberg 500,Mosin Nagant 91/30, Mossberg Plinkster,Beretta Tomcat and a boatload of knives

Quote Originally Posted by Thijones View Post
    This, and I am tired of the "USMC indiscriminately kill indigenous population...
    +1 Not a fan the theme. I'll pass
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links