What would it take...

This is a discussion on What would it take... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'll be the first to admit that when I see posts from members in kalifornia, ill-inois, nazi york, and nazi jersey, one of my suggestions ...

Thread: What would it take...

What would it take...

I'll be the first to admit that when I see posts from members in kalifornia, ill-inois, nazi york, and nazi jersey, one of my suggestions is for them to move to a gun friendly state. I know that is not easy.

It got me thinking: What kind of mass invasion of like minded people would it take to infiltrate these states and elect more freedom loving politicians into office? I realize we can't just show up November 3rd rent an apartment and be able to vote, I'm sure there would need to be some time of residency to be eligible to vote at least locally. At the same time I don't want to leave other states vulnerable to turning blue, kinda like what's happening in Colorado. I also know that I would not volunteer for this suicide mission and I doubt most of us would. I'm not necessarily looking at wiping out the democratic party, they are not all bad, It just seems like these states carry a majority of the electoral votes and usually decide the election. We definately need some of both parties in office. Just my over active imagination going wild, but I thought I'd put it out there.

Joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

2. Remove Ads

They say that there is power in numbers, and it will take multitudes of people at the voting booth to do what you suggest. Don't get your hopes up though.

I'm a West Virginia Republican, and can almost be considered a minority. I work for the County that I reside. Many times I get calls about how bad things are, how high taxes are, how badly "we" treat the old folk and yet those same people go into the voting booth and pull straight Democrat ticket or seldom vote for anyone different.

I have worked in many elections and you'd be surprised at the number of people who ask how they can just "vote straight ticket" without knowing who or what they vote for.

It is just the mindset of our voting public and unless that changes, then we are doomed to what goes in office and what they put into place.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Administrator

This would be a topic much better suited for posting over at the ConservativeStronghold.
    That is Bumpers other forum set up specifically for political Republican/Democrat/Liberal/Conservative/Independent type issues.

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly.
    For this reason, we prohibit these subjects in our discussions. We also discourage "caliber wars" and the virtues of "open carry" topic; strongly encouraging you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links