Moussaoui : Life in Prison! Unreal...

This is a discussion on Moussaoui : Life in Prison! Unreal... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The justice system at work. Life in prison for this guy. Not only did he admit to what he had planned on doing and for ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moussaoui : Life in Prison! Unreal...

The justice system at work. Life in prison for this guy. Not only did he admit to what he had planned on doing and for all intents and purposes allowed it to happen, we now have to PAY for this s***bag to sit behind bars for the rest of his life.

Un****ingbelievable....
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

VIP Member
    He gets to breathe and 3,000 will never see their loved ones again.

I guess the jury bought the "abused child" BS.

I gotta stop here before I get booted off this board.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

1952 - 2006
    Both of you have already said more than I can. If I try I'll no longer be allowed here.

GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!PFFFTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Lead Moderator
    i imagine they will need to seperate him from tothers , otherwise prison justice may come into play. Think they are tough on rapists?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Angry

Is this because its a D.C. jury? Really confused as to how a guy responsible for the deaths of 3000 people gets life.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    All the boo-hooin' about 9/11 and the jury spares this POS's life. I could see it if he had to have his head shaved,wear a bright pink jumpsuit and eat bacon for every meal,BUT........he'll be supplied a brand new Koran,have supplied to him all the other essentials for his prayer needs,access to a weight room,pool table,the internet,will have A/C and the rest of the comforts of home. Hell,he'll have it way better than he ever had it in his life.

The taxpayers will foot the $55K per year bill for his stay in some federal country club. Talkin' bout laughin'. Hell,i can hear him from here.

What has this country become ?? What will the future bring ?? Do we/will we deserve another 9/11 ???

Just let me finish my rant by sayin' "I'm damn glad I'm old." When I see the little kids playing down the street,I wonder what do they have to look forward to? -------- P.S. Edited to add ...The jurors will each become multi millionairs from the book deals also.

I guess I'll be the dissenting voice.

Life in prison, while not the emotionally satisfying choice, was the only logical choice. If we kill him, then he becomes a martyr... and who here can speculate about the events which that may set in motion? By confining him, we have placed that which he desires most beyond his immediate reach - his martyrdom. He has been denied his opportunity to become a hero to his people, his chance to become a symbol of the oppression of the Great Satan has been curtailed.

To suggest that by his death alone we may be avenged of our 3000 deaths from that day is misguided. Our thirst is for another's blood, not his.
    In the meantime, I suggest that we all smile for knowing that he will never be the martyr he hoped to become, and that his grandstanding got him nowhere.

$55k per day is a drop in the ocean, and we all know it.

That said - why don't we just sit back for a while and see how this develops. Let's all hope he makes some nice new friends in his nice new home.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickpocket
    I guess I'll be the dissenting voice.

Life in prison, while not the emotionally satisfying choice, was the only logical choice. If we kill him, then he becomes a martyr... and who here can speculate about the events which that may set in motion? By confining him, we have placed that which he desires most beyond his immediate reach - his martyrdom. He has been denied his opportunity to become a hero to his people, his chance to become a symbol of the oppression of the Great Satan has been curtailed.

To suggest that by his death alone we may be avenged of our 3000 deaths from that day is misguided. Our thirst is for another's blood, not his.
    In the meantime, I suggest that we all smile for knowing that he will never be the martyr he hoped to become, and that his grandstanding got him nowhere.

$55k per day is a drop in the ocean, and we all know it.

That said - why don't we just sit back for a while and see how this develops. Let's all hope he makes some nice new friends in his nice new home.
    Feel free to pick that tab up yourself then!

I also think that is a very conservative number at $55 a day!

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I agree with you Pickpocket. I didn't want him to become the martyr he desired. Hopefully, he'll be tortured in prison and get what he deserves.
    The power of the future is in its ability to inspire the present.

Fox News is reporting that Moussaoui will be placed at a former abandoned coal mine in Colorado. This place has been converted into a socalled 'SuperMax' prison.

According to the pundits, Moussaoui will have almost no human interaction for the rest of his wretched life. He'll be alone in a very small cell for the next 40 years or so.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gddyup
    The justice system at work. Life in prison for this guy. Not only did he admit to what he had planned on doing and for all intents and purposes allowed it to happen, we now have to PAY for this s***bag to sit behind bars for the rest of his life.

Un****ingbelievable....
    I was torn on this. On the one hand, the POS certainly deserves to die. To avenge the deaths of 343 of our brothers in the fire / rescue service, I'd have pushed the drugs myself.

But OTOH, now he gets to sit in a jail cell 23 hours a day for the next several decades knowing that he is such a useless failure that Allah didn't want him as a martyr. No glory, no 77 virgins, no blessings of Allah, just solitude with his failure.

Of the two, he would have eagerly picked death - which is why his not getting it is OK with me.

Matt

I'll agree with what Pickpocket says, let's not give this animal (not man or person) what he wants - martyrdom.

As a taxpayer I would like to see a special prison built for these scumbags.

Build it in Antartica where it's nice and cold. As for exercise, put them to work, hard labor, preferably something that would help our war effort. If they want a Koran, let the red crescent society provide it.
    TV-1 channel, maybe FOX news not something as liberal as CNN.

Food, I'd suggest a blended mush of whatever (inc pork) is cheapest and baked into a loaf.

I would like to run the concession stand for visitors who want to ogle, curse and spit on the animals though.
    I have an idea for a menu already: BBQ Pork Sandwiches wrapped in Koran Wrap.

I apologise guys and gals but these animals make my blood boil.

VIP Member
    According to the pundits, Moussaoui will have almost no human interaction for the rest of his wretched life. He'll be alone in a very small cell for the next 40 years or so.
    And he should be surrounded by the pictures of all those he helped murder.

Life in prison? What a laugh. As for preventing him being a martyr, it doesn't take much for "them" to find a martyr. One more won't matter.

Or wrap his body in pigskins.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry
    Feel free to pick that tab up yourself then!

I also think that is a very conservative number at $55 a day!

Ti.

$55 THOUSAND per day is conservative? That comes out to $20,075,000 per YEAR. On the contrary, that's inordinately high.

Look - the cost to put one more person into prison really IS a drop of water in an ocean, man...don't you get it?

In 2001 the Federal gov't spent more than 38 BILLION on our prison system. Between State and Federal prisons the U.S. had 1,421,911 inmates, which comes out to a cost of $26,724 per YEAR

Medical costs for prisoners amounted to more than 3 BILLION dollars that same year.
    We're spending $220 MILLION each day for the war in Iraq.
    Congress authorized $3 BILLION to repair the levees in New Orleans, and billions MORE in relief and aid efforts.
    We're going to pay $17.5 BILLION in FY2006 for our nuclear weapons program - for that much money, more than 10 MILLION children could have been provided with healthcare.

18% of your federal income tax for FY2005 went to pay off interest on the national debt.
    28% of your federal income tax went to pay for our military/national defense.
    22% went to social security.

Putting this guy in prison at just over $26K per year isn't going to break the bank, and to suggest otherwise is simply grasping at straws.

Besides, that wasn't even the point of the whole original post!!

U.S. DOJ Statistics
    US Budgetary and Iraq War Statistics

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Fox News is reporting that Moussaoui will be placed at a former abandoned coal mine in Colorado. This place has been converted into a socalled 'SuperMax' prison.

SWEET - I wonder what Allah's policies are for martyrdom if you die from Coal Miner's Lung....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links