This is a tribute to my wife,

This is a discussion on This is a tribute to my wife, within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; and in no means meant as boasting. We opened some gifts this Christ-mas eve, as I will be working a 7-3 shift, (mandatory) Christ-mas morning. ...

Thread: This is a tribute to my wife,

This is a tribute to my wife,

and in no means meant as boasting. We opened some gifts this Christ-mas eve, as I will be working a 7-3 shift, (mandatory) Christ-mas morning. My wife, knowing that I have been researching H/D shotguns for several weeks now, truly surprised me, with a check, and a printout from a website, of a Remington 870, at a specific price from a certain online dealer. I have never been quite as surprised as this from any previous gift from her.

She has her own small business, which, thank GOD, is still 'hanging in there'. I was truly amazed at her generous, and thoughtful idea. The fact is, I do not really discuss such matters with her. Occasionally, she will ask me what I am looking at 'online', and that is really the extent to which the subject ever surfaces. I take back most all of the complaints I have ever thought about her,(lol).

This week-end, I have some plans to do some shopping! I hope she forgets about the specific model she printed from the website, so there are no hurt feelings, ha!ha!. I have much to be thankful for, which i forget so often in the course of daily life.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

2. Remove Ads

Congrats, you married very well indeed!
    Ain't no fun when the rabbit has a gun!

Good for you. I think an unexpected gift can be the best gifts.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    ^^^^^^^^What they said!!!^^^^^^^^^^

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
    Mark Twain
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links