Fox news reported tonight that Rep. Patrick Kennedy.....

This is a discussion on Fox news reported tonight that Rep. Patrick Kennedy..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; was involved in some type of motor vehicle crash at 3am. Apparently, something was afoul at the time.....but word is sketchy to what was going ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Closed Account Array Steelhorse's Avatar

was involved in some type of motor vehicle crash at 3am. Apparently, something was afoul at the time.....but word is sketchy to what was going on.

Patrick Kennedy, son of Senator Ted Kennedy, vowed to cooperate fully with the authorities in this matter.

Hmmmmmm.........Anyone check to see if there is a body around?

Like father, like son?

I'd rather hunt with Dick Cheney than catch a ride with Ted Kennedy.

Taken from packing.org:

Well, this incident with Patrick Kennedy seems hypocritical. From the Drudge Report:

KENNEDY CAR CRASH COVER-UP?
    Thu May 04 2006 1705 ET

Police labor union officials asked acting Chief Christopher McGaffin this afternoon to allow a Capitol Police officer to complete his investigation into an early-morning car crash involving Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-R.I.), son of Sen. Ted Kennedy.

ROLL CALL reports: According to a letter sent by Officer Greg Baird, acting chairman of the USCP FOP, the wreck took place at approximately 2:45 a.m. Thursday when Kennedy's car, operating with its running lights turned off, narrowly missed colliding with a Capitol Police cruiser and smashed into a security barricade at First and C streets Southeast.

“The driver exited the vehicle and he was observed to be staggering,” Baird’s letter states. Officers approached the driver, who “declared to them he was a Congressman and was late to a vote. The House had adjourned nearly three hours before this incident. It was Congressman Patrick J. Kennedy from Rhode Island.”

Baird wrote that Capitol Police Patrol Division units, who are trained in driving under the influence cases, were not allowed to perform basic field sobriety tests on the Congressman. Instead, two sergeants, who also responded to the accident, proceeded to confer with the Capitol Police watch commander on duty and then “ordered all of the Patrol Division Units to leave the scene and that they were taking over.”

A source tells the DRUDGE REPORT: "It was apparent that the driver was intoxicated (stumbling) and claimed he was in a hurry to make a vote.

"When it became apparent who it was, instead of processing a normal DWI, the watch commander had the Patrol units clear the scene. The commander allowed other building officials drive Kennedy home."

This morning's incident comes just over two weeks after Kennedy was involved in a car accident in Rhode Island.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Lead Moderator
    Well at least in the area he had the accident, there are NO docks to drive off........
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Ah........."Let the Spin-Meisters Begin".......LOL! "Well, <cough cough> I was taking some cold and flu medicine".....

Assistant Administrator
    Indeed - there'll be some spin to come on this one.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

UPDATE:

Kennedy says he took Ambien (a prescription sleeping aid) and Phenergan (antiemetic), then got behind the wheel.

What part of the not get about the warning label of operating machinery does Congressman Kennedy not get? Does not DC have an "operation while impared" statute?

Given his past behavior of temper tantrums, nothing of this guy surprises me.

Common sense has taken a detour on a long, dirt, country road.
    Last edited by Steelhorse; May 5th, 2006 at 11:27 AM.

It seems that the entire family (EXCEPT JFK and RFK and older brother Joe) seems to create their own problems. No sympathy at all from me.

Except John and Robert?

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan
    It seems that the entire family (EXCEPT JFK and RFK and older brother Joe) seems to create their own problems. No sympathy at all from me.
    They had problems keeping their zippers up with Marilyn Monroe.......and who knows whom else.

It's been reported he had no BAT either! No Breath test...no nada...they just took him home and tucked him in bed.....
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; April 8th, 2007 at 08:53 PM.

Ted, and Junior

Ted's car has killed more people than my .45.

Kerry

"An armed Society is a polite society"

Okay.......

Now it comes out that he has an addiction to prescription drugs.......shades of Rush Limbaugh. Why couldn't this have been released by the Congressman yesterday?

By the way......I thought selective enforcement of the law was illegal. Why did the DC police let him go?

Oh yeah. Sorry, I forgot.

VIP Member
    ....hmmmm....a Kennedy running afoul of the law and common sense....now who'da thunk?
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - One day after he crashed his car near the U.S. Capitol, Rep. Patrick Kennedy, son of Massachusetts Democratic Sen. Edward Kennedy, said on Friday he would seek treatment for a long-term drug abuse problem.

"This afternoon I am traveling to Minnesota to seek treatment at the Mayo Clinic to insure that I can continue on my road to recovery," Kennedy, a Rhode Island Democrat, told reporters

Upon arrival Mr. Kennedy complained that the mini-bar was not stocked.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

The entire family is almost "Shakespearean Tragi-Comic". Think back to the old man, a bootlegger with a distorted sense of destiny, meaness and self-worth, and then start tracing forward through the generations. All of the mis-steps, cruelty, blunders, deaths, murders, disappearances, lies, hubris, ambitions, hatred and selfish acts of various family members. Enough fodder for a couple of million writers forever. Or a million monkeys on wordprocessors.

All in all though, I'd rather hear the latest Kennedy news than more **** about George Clooney or some nit-wit bimbo running around in Africa while she's 8 months pregnant, or Tom Cruise. Jeezzzzzzzz....give us a break...............

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Steelhorse]By the way......I thought selective enforcement of the law was illegal. Why did the DC police let him go?[QUOTE]

Congressional Immunity......AKA Get out of Jail Free Card

If charges are filed he may not have to answer to them until his term is up.

Now if that had been you or me we would still be sitting in jail.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links