This great site

This is a discussion on This great site within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; OK, so I have been looking at a few other forums lately to see what was out there about Glock's. Man, I will tell you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This great site

This great site

OK, so I have been looking at a few other forums lately to see what was out there about Glock's. Man, I will tell you I couldn't point my browser back to this site fast enough. The foul language the flames and overall just treating posters poorly. I would be afraid to even ask a question on those sights. I always thought that there was no stupid question but they feel differently. It also seems that the moderators there are asleep.

Anyways thanks to everyone for maintaining a class "A" site here.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

2. Remove Ads

To the Moderators and the Owner:

:schild14:

Ya'll work hard to make this place great - THANK YOU!

:216: :216: :216:
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Administrator

Huh Wha.....Huh

"It also seems that the moderators there are asleep."

You woke me up just to tell me that!?!

its not so much the mods but the posters make it a good forum and easy to deal with .

Since bumper said certain things wont be allowed we dont allow them
    some say were too heavy handed but if thats what it takes to keep the forum running smoothly and friendly thats what happens..

Just Blame me everyone else does

VIP Member
    Once again, a kudos for the best site on the net. Gun or otherwise in my personal opinion.
    Thanks to all.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

VIP Member
    Yup...this is an extremely well run site.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Assistant Administrator
    I too have cringed when taking (brief) peeks at some other sites too <shudder>

Many folks on those will slam the likes of us - as being over moderated, and a load of whusses with all the politeness. Well - I know what I prefer and seems like there are many think the same.

That suits me and I know that if the folks here follow Bumper's guidelines then all will be well. We have a sanctuary of civility and good solid opinion and experience.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    We have a sanctuary of civility and good solid opinion and experience.
    And we aim to keep it that way!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    I too have cringed when taking (brief) peeks at some other sites too <shudder>

Many folks on those will slam the likes of us - as being over moderated, and a load of whusses with all the politeness. Well - I know what I prefer and seems like there are many think the same.

That suits me and I know that if the folks here follow Bumper's guidelines then all will be well. We have a sanctuary of civility and good solid opinion and experience.
    Just ask Ex and the other place he hangs around
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Hmmm... I've never thought of this forum as over modded. It just seems to click! I've seen overmodded and it ain't pretty either. :)

Keep up the good work! or I mean, "go back to sleep!" :)

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by oregonshooter
    Hmmm... I've never thought of this forum as over modded. It just seems to click! I've seen overmodded and it ain't pretty either. :)
    I have received emails from people (mostly members we have been forced to ban) that have said we are "thin skinned", "worthless", "have nothing of value", "softsoap", "a joke", "racist", "full of bad information", "run in a fashion similar to Nazi-Germany". I have been told that our members are "clueless noobs" and that the moderators are "little pigs lining up to kiss up to you (me)". I have been branded as "unfair" and called more names than I can remember.....

I have to admit I am usually a bit confused by these comments as we work pretty hard to not be any of those things. We do edit and pull posts sometimes that we believe will turn into flames, make implications of illegal activity or otherwise create a problem and take focus away from our topics. We don't flaunt power, stifle free speech or in any way take part in racism. We do enforce our rules, however, and err on the side of caution if something seems even borderline racist.

Our members have a wide experience base, but I find "clueless noobs" as pretty damned far out in left field. We have members with some pretty darned impressive backgrounds and experiences under their belts in concealed carry, law enforcement, military, training, gunsmithing, leather craftsmanship. We have gun related magazine publishers, writers, authors, art directors and TV show hosts. We have many members with gun-related stores, websites, forums, blogs or other small businesses or interests. I believe we have every gender, race, age group, religion, political affiliation covered, as well. From someone that is hard to offend, those kind of statements do offend me.

And, for the record, none of our moderators have never "kissed up to me". Nor do they ever need to. I wouldn't respond to it if they did. They have all earned my respect as the vast majority of our members have.

As far as the names I have been called, they may be right. I can be an a-hole when someone refuses (after friendly warnings) to mind the simple rules that we have put in place to keep things civil here.

It really does make it all worthwhile when members express their appreciation about (or at least acknowledge) what we are trying to do here. We appreciate it.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Assistant Administrator
    Ditto to Bumper's comments - he of course most times gets the sharp end of the stick when folks register dissent and whine (he does offer cheese with the whine but they don't want it! ).

He has a team of us who not only accept his overall theme and rules but want to do our best to see that is carried out. We are very much on the same page and so it works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonShooter
    It just seems to click!
    That is very true usually- and I applaud the huge majority here who fit in so well with Bumper's framework - and it is that which makes mod work really very minimal most of the time.

Keep it up guys - you are all valuable assets.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Let me add yet another thanks for all the work that goes into keeping this forum what it is. The moderators are great but so are the members. It is really enjoyable to be able to pick at and tease one another without anyone getting to upset. This is a sight I come to for relaxation as well as information. It is a great place to be!!!!!!!

yes...this is a really good site to be at home with. Thanx for tha great company thats here with me...
    thats you too Betty, I feel you lurking around somewhere near.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

VIP Member
    I posted the comments below in another thread, but after reading this one and especially Bumper's response thought this might be an even more appropriate place for them.

I have been trying to decide where to post this and this looks like the place. Over the past several months as I have posted and read here I got the feeling that CC was a place I already knew about. Sort of like Yogi Berra's famous remark about deja vu all over again. . It took a few days, but I finally found what I believe made this place so familiar. I am a science fiction fan and a few months ago I reread Spider Robinson's stories about Callahan's Crosstime bar. The comment that is often repeated in Callahan's is that it is a place where "pain shared is lessened and joy shared is increased." It seems to me that statement pretty much describes CC. Here is a discussion about the history of the forum and someone brings up a member that hasn't been heard from in a while and suddenly there is a great deal of concern. One member calls and others say that they plan to get in touch. Even without all the great info on firearms and concealed carry CC would be a great forum because of the attitude that the membership displays.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links