Speedtraps

Speedtraps

This is a discussion on Speedtraps within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I do not recommend speeding, it is against the law!!! BUT here is something I can across. trapster.com - Speed Trap Sharing System Trapster allows ...

Thread: Speedtraps

Speedtraps

I do not recommend speeding, it is against the law!!! BUT here is something I can across. trapster.com - Speed Trap Sharing System

Trapster allows motorists to report a speed trap by pressing a button on their cellphone, or by calling a toll free number. Other Trapsters user's phones will alert them as they approach the trap. Even the latest, most expensive radar detectors are useless against modern police enforcement technologies such as instant-on and laser. And police change the speed trap locations many times per day, making only real time data useful. Trapster data is real time data, since speed traps are entered by users and distributed immediately. Using the Internet, Trapster communicates in real time combining GPS and wireless location, voice transcription, geocoding, reverse geocoding, and SMS, with a central database server. It learns the credibility of traps based on how many drivers report it, and over time learns the credibility of each user. Trapster is free to individual users for private use.

There's also an iPhone app for them to add real time info without having to call it in.

Pretty nice to have, uses gps to notify you of everythng from speed traps to stationary cameras to places police normally hide at. I've got mine set to notify me at 1 mile from where these places are.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Sponsored Links