Anti's getting on my nerves

This is a discussion on Anti's getting on my nerves within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Check this out. The wife and I got up early this morning for our first season's run at the Garage sale circuit. We went to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Check this out. The wife and I got up early this morning for our first season's run at the Garage sale circuit. We went to a estate sale from a local farmer who recently passed away. They had a few 25 caliber handguns for sale. One was a nice little Star semi auto but it had been in water and was rusted and pitted. Then there was an overpriced 25 revolver. I looked them over and decided I didn't want either of them. We bought a few items and I got some cool colectable belt buckles and were on our way. Ran into my buddy and his wife on our way out said hello and left. He called me about ten minutes later to tell me that some idiot that had been at the sale called the police because they were selling guns.

The cops just told the estate sale people that they needed to put them away and if they were sold they would need to do it through a lisenced gun dealer.

This is a country town that has been overbuilt with new houses and people from te SF bay area are moving out here. This is what those liberal transplants do, freek out at the sight of a gun and call the cops.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

VIP Member
    What's a "25 revolver?" A .25 ACP caliber revolver?
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Senior Moderator
    Unless private salesd are outlawed in California it is perfectly legal to sell guns as part of an estate.

Is it still legal in Ca. to do private transactions without going though a dealer ?

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns
    Is it still legal in Ca. to do private transactions without going though a dealer ?
    No sir...I'm afraid its not legal.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Nice, reason no. 80213843208 not to move to California.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday
    Nice, reason no. 80213843208 not to move to California.
    LOL.... that was a primary reason why I left California !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Get ready this, it is coming to your town. The "nuts" have spread the lies about guns and if we don't stand up we will have more troubles when it come to our rights and guns.

frankmako

Senior Moderator
    At the class the other weekend, the instructor related a story from a fellow IDPA shooter.

The fellow was lawfully carrying his pistol concealed in the local 7-11, when a woman yelled out "Oh my gawd, he has a gun!". The guy establishes a grip on his pistol and begins to scan, seeing nothing. A uniformed police officer approaches him from the aisles, whereupon the CWFP holder slowly removes his hand from the gun. The officer checks his CWFP and everyone stands down.

The woman, visiting from out of state, asks the officer if he is going to arrest the CWFP holder.

The officer replies that the CWFP holder is not being arrested, because has done nothing wrong.

The lady protests - "But, he has a gun".

The officer - "Are you from out of town?"

Woman - "Yes, we're visiting from New York".

Officer - "Welcome to Florida".

Matt

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    i too lived in a farm town that became a bed room for the bay area i lived in modesto ca and it had 35000 folks when i was young now there are over 200000 the migration not only ruined a good town by there asqewed view but they also brought there crim and othere social problems with them not to mention rasing land prices to ungodly leval i had to move where i live now i have picked up some good deals at private sales but had to take em to the local sporting goods store and regerster them and my own expense what a mess
    i guese my ? is if i legaly own it or i can legaly own a gun why cant i legaly sell it if i want to as long as i dont sell it to a known fellon ect...

Antis suck.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson
    (SNIP)

The officer replies that the CWFP holder is not being arrested, because has done nothing wrong.

Matt

Uhhh....ma'am, can you come here please.....
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson
    At the class the other weekend, the instructor related a story from a fellow IDPA shooter.

The fellow was lawfully carrying his pistol concealed in the local 7-11, when a woman yelled out "Oh my gawd, he has a gun!". The guy establishes a grip on his pistol and begins to scan, seeing nothing. A uniformed police officer approaches him from the aisles, whereupon the CWFP holder slowly removes his hand from the gun. The officer checks his CWFP and everyone stands down.

The woman, visiting from out of state, asks the officer if he is going to arrest the CWFP holder.

Matt

Thats To funny

Closed Account Array Steelhorse's Avatar
    This would have been a perfect opportunity to educate the ignorant woman.

Senior Moderator
    That reminds me of the time that I was called to the Western Sizzlin because a guy had the back of his shirt ride up over his gun as he was bending over getting some food at the salad bar.No one said anything about it except a women that had been traveling down I-40 that stopped to eat there ,thought it prudent to tell the manager. The manager, knowing the person with the gun, walked up to him and told him to pull down his shirt as he was "showing".

The guy apologized and pulled his shirt over his gun.

Shoulda been the end of the story right ?

Wrong. The women didnt like the fact that the manager refused to call the police, so she did that herself.

So, I get a call from dispatch about a " man with a gun" at the Western Siz. All dispatch can tell me was that an "exited" women called to report that a man was illegally carring a gun.

Being from a"shall issue" state,where lots of people carry, my first thought was that the guy must have been causing trouble or something to warrant a call to 911 and to the Sherrif Dept.

I get there not knowing what to expect and the manager meets me at the door. This guy is a CCW instructor and a member of my gun club and I know him well. He was somewhat peeved at the fact that this women made such an issue of the situtation.

So, I check the guy out, run his license and permit and all is good. I tell him to make sure that it is concealed so as to avoid any embarrasement . We had a lighthearted discussion about it and he apologizes profusely. In the mean time everyone in the building is watching us wondering whats up. The guy shakes my hand and I turn to leave and I'm met at the door by the woman that called it in. She wanted to know why "I wasnt doing my job by arresting him".

So, I gently educate her and I find out that she is from the great state of Massachussetts and she is traveling cross country visiting various relatives. I explain that in Arkansas that anyone can get a permit to carry for protection as long as they follow some rather simple guidelines. She wasnt too fond of that idea and made several comments about how it its was dangerous and couldnt be a good idea. I reminder her that most of the states that she had driven though had concealed weapon laws and that most states are quite different from the extremely restrictive states up north.

It had never occured to her that other states werent like her own and that people could actually get a permit without having to suck up to some heathen like Ted Kennedy. Therein lies the dilemma. The states are so different as to the laws and many people actually forget the fact that they are subject ot the laws of the state that they are IN.

Its not a hard thing to figure, but some folks are so wrapped up in their little worlds that is causes them pain to think that things could possibly be different somewhere else.

Assistant Administrator
    HG - that case is the sort of thing that makes even honest open carry tricky these days - and yet for many it is an option, should they so wish - that can be exploited.

That ''dear'' lady should have included in her travels some parts of AZ or CO - seeing <gasp> open carry - and after enough ''man with gun'' complaints from her, she'd probably be charged with wasting police time.

I am amazed at the ignorance of so many - those who have no clue CCW exists - and if they do treat it as a criminal act - plus those who think only of ''is that gun registered to him/her''. Sheesh - still a huge need for sheeple education. <sigh>
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links