Serotonin Weight Management?

This is a discussion on Serotonin Weight Management? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anyone familier with this? Any good? Serotonin Plus - Shopping...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serotonin Weight Management?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Serotonin Weight Management?

Anyone familier with this? Any good?

Serotonin Plus - Shopping
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

An anti-depressant for weight loss ??? Sounds more like its to help you not care that you've gotten fat.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by LethalStang View Post
    An anti-depressant for weight loss ??? Sounds more like its to help you not care that you've gotten fat.
    OMG that was funny!
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Administrator
    There reportedly is some truth to that since increasing Serotonin levels decreases a craving for carbs.
    But, I don't think it's a complete answer in and of itself.
    I would do that plus Green Tea Concentrate and a daily Fiber Supplement and an increase in plain ol' water.
    You also need to get enough quality sleep because your body needs that ZZZ time to self-regulate.

A good combination Green Tea/L-Carnitine is Evoxin CG
    You can find it here. http://www.purityproducts.com/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=44

$90.00 - That is awful expensive though.
    Shop Ebay for Serotonin or Serotonin Plus because $30.00 should be more in the ballpark for that...pricewise.

> Serotonin
    > Evoxin
    > Daily Fiber
    > Increase Water Intake

Try that.
    Also if you like Grapefruit add of those per day - No sugar on it...put some honey on it.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    ...or just eat less calories than you burn in a day.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    I thought it was leptoprin that was responsible for hunger signals / satiety signals?
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

cut fats to one serving per day, proteins to 7-9 servings per day, lots of green veggies, and drink water. Calculate and stick to a 1800-2000 calorie/day diet.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Chocolate, the fifth food group
    Just make sure you balance it with the good stuff.
    Plenty of water and veggies.
    For every piece of chocolate I eat, I match it with 3 servings of veggies, steamed or roasted.
    Last physical my cholesterol rating was 134.
    If you must eat the "bad stuff" be sure to balance what you eat and limit the portion sizes.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Maybe some Enzyte to work off the calories?

My wife takes an SSRI (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitor) and she can't lose weight no matter what she does.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

You really need to investigate DIM. I have read a LOT about it and I have found correlating evidence in unrelated publications.
    All About Diindolylmethane (DIM)
    New Page 0
    BioResponse Nutrients - Dr. Zeligs' Absorption-Enhanced Microencapsulated DIM Diindolylmethane.

I have just started using this and I have noticed a difference. For us guys, it balances estrogen to testosterone balances and that is great for the prostate. For the fairer sex, it regulates estrogen and calms PMS and also weight, amongst other things!

Research it, it is natural, made from cruciferous veggies and is really good for you.

ETA: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct/search?...indolylmethane
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

VIP Member
    Yup,eat less,exercise a little ...the wieght just falls off...the secret is sticking with it forever!

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    Yup,eat less,exercise a little ...the wieght just falls off...the secret is sticking with it forever!
    It's a cruel trick of mother nature. When you reduce your intake, your body says, "Oh, a famine is coming, I better shut down the metabolism."
    So you stop losing. Then when you return to normal food, look out!

The only way I can lose weight is to ride my bicycle every day.

There are a number of prescription drugs that are now being used for "off label" conditions. The question is do you have a doctor that will prescribe you a drug that treats a condition you don't have (seizures for example) in order for you to benefit from it's side effects (weight loss)? Some see it as simply a question of ethics, but I believe in some states there are actual legal questions on the subject also.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    There are a number of prescription drugs that are now being used for "off label" conditions. The question is do you have a doctor that will prescribe you a drug that treats a condition you don't have (seizures for example) in order for you to benefit from it's side effects (weight loss)? Some see it as simply a question of ethics, but I believe in some states there are actual legal questions on the subject also.
    I think it is a matter of ethics, as in the aforementioned doctor doesn't have any! I mean, take Meth, that causes weight loss too. Do you think you will take it? Why not?
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Listen to experience:

Eat less, work out hard, drink lots of water. Eat 6 SMALL meals a day, every 2 hours. This actually speed the metabolic rate up faster than just about anything you can do. Worked for me, lost 160 pounds in 9 months.

,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links