Got to fondle a Superbowl ring today

This is a discussion on Got to fondle a Superbowl ring today within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Doing some medical training with a guy who shows the doctors how to use this cardiac imaging software, I was talking with him and basically ...

Thread: Got to fondle a Superbowl ring today

Doing some medical training with a guy who shows the doctors how to use this cardiac imaging software, I was talking with him and basically sharing the room because a) there was no other place to sit, and b) every so often he'd need me to answer a question...

We were chatting away about tons of **** when the doctors were away and somehow the conversation gets over to football and he said that he played QB for Howard for 4 years, then played with the pros for a bit.

I'm thinking "you're a pretty small guy for a football player, maybe wide reciever or something" and sure enough he was backup wide reciever for the NY Giants in 1990 when they won the superbowl under Parcells. I never even noticed his big-ass superbowl ring on his hand.

I did a quick Google on they guy and it turns out he only played pro for a single season...as a backup... and he got a ring out of it. Very Happy

Anyway he let me play with it and take a picture. :p Very cool guy.

Sounds like a coold dude now wheres the pic

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Ah, the 1990 Superbowl. Didn't Scott Norwood miss a field goal late and the Giants held on? Wasn't this the begining of the curse for the Bills?

BTW I saw "Refridgerator"Perry's 1985 superbowl ring on display at the Football Hall of Fame. Man I could have worn that ring around my wrist it because it was so big!

That must have been cool getting to wear the ring! You gotta post the pics!
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I've handled several. My sunday school teacher in 10th grade was Burton Lawless, he played for the Dallas Cowboys when they were good. He has 2 or 3 Superbowl rings. He's a great christian man.

Sponsored Links