Your thoughts on this transaction?

This is a discussion on Your thoughts on this transaction? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I have a Kel-Tec PF-9 for sale in the Trading Post. I had a call Saturday morning at about 10, "Bill" asked serveral questions ...

Thread: Your thoughts on this transaction?

Your thoughts on this transaction?

So I have a Kel-Tec PF-9 for sale in the Trading Post.

I had a call Saturday morning at about 10, "Bill" asked serveral questions about the weapon, etc. Said he got off at 5 and wanted the address to come look at it. He called at 5, said he was on the way. He got here, I invited him in and showed him the weapon, loaded some snap caps and cycled them for him.

He said okay, no negotiations or anything and started to count off twentys. I stopped him and asked for his ID as I wanted to fill out a bill of sale first. This surprised him, he fumbled for his wallet, couldn't find it and said he must have left it in the car. He went out and came back in, said that he couldn't find his wallet and he must have left it at the ATM, 15 miles away. Jetted away hoping to find his wallet.

So, who else thinks this guy couldn't purchase a weapon at a gun store sans background check?

No one needs to flame me for doing the deed at my home, I'd prefer not to sell a gun in a parking lot somewhere. SA would be crazy wondering about every car around, etc. While I'm on the subject, where is a good place to sell a firearm to someone?

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Gunbroker.com if your asking price is reasonable and fair your item will sell.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Hey, if your spidey sense was tingling, then by all means opt for the "safe" course of action! It could be he legitimately lost his ID, or as you suspected, it could have been that he couldn't legally buy one elsewhere.

If you're looking to sell FTF, you could always look into consignment selling at a gun store. Or, you're willing to ship, you'll need to ship it to an FFL who will require a background check or a permit of some sort to release it to the buyer.

www.gunbroker.com or www.gunsamerica.com are two good resources.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Money but no wallet? Drove but no license?
    Yeah, that was a guy who couldn't buy legally.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Money but no wallet? Drove but no license?
    Yeah, that was a guy who couldn't buy legally.
    +1.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

If I'm dressed I have my wallet on me, no exceptions. I think the guy is full of BS....
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I'd be concerned that the guy now knows where you live and has been inside your house. He may watch your place and try to learn your patterns and break-in when you're not home.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Yep, all of the above.
    If I'm selling a firearm to someone I don't know personally we can meet at his local PD and do the transfer right there. Otherwise I'll have my favorite fun shop handle the sale for me.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

There is a shop 2 blocks from me, small town. They'll meet me there, they'll have them do a 4473, they'll do a NICS check on them .... all for $15 and then I have no doubts.

Good info to ponder is I ever sell a gun.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Yep I agree... he couldn't buy a gun legally because of his background and tried this way. Sad part is that some j-hole will sell him a gun this way. Now-a-days I always go through a FFL when selling and I pay for the service. Much easier, less hassle for you, and safer.

I dont know, he had 20's. He really may have left the thing at the ATM. I have not done that scenario in particular, but I have made it to a checkout with cash but no wallet before. Only realized it after I asked for a lottery ticket.

I would rather meet at their house or a parking lot (if logistically possible, a parking lot is harder to do a firearm inspection on) on pretty much any sale.
    Due to it's content the posting above should not have been read by anyone.

It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favour of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion.
    --[William Ralph Inge(1860-1954)]

Not to hijack the thread but if your willing to ship I could be interested. PM the details if you like.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackle1886 View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but if your willing to ship I could be interested. PM the details if you like.
    Did you find your wallet?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Links