How many Masons are here? - Page 2

How many Masons are here?

This is a discussion on How many Masons are here? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am not but my Father, Grand Father, and Great Grand Father are/were all past masters....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am not but my Father, Grand Father, and Great Grand Father are/were all past masters.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    First rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

We have a fair number of brothers here on DC
    Myself included
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

"2b1ask1" Now I know why you asked the question, "How many are Masons" We are in GREAT company!! The founding fathers of this great nation, Who created the laws and second amendent rights for all of us,, Some of the famous ones,, George Washington, James Monroe, Ben Franklin, John Hancock, James Bowie, Buffalo Bill Cody, Patrick Henry, Paul Revere, Harry Truman, Gerald Ford, Lynden B. Johnson, Oh and Yes the DUKE,, JOHN WAYNE!!,, Spoke the same words and taken the same steps,,

What part of secret society didn't you understand? I'm not a Mason, but am a member of several other groups and none are Boy Scout troops. Next, someone will be asking about how to do the secret handshake. Where will this all end?
    Uncle Dannie
    FOP Lodge 55, RPOAC, NRA Life Member

One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory

I am glad that I asked!

It is great to see how many brothers are around. Avenger, I would suggest that you Google "Grand Lodge of Washington" they should have a directory of lodges in the state. I would be surprised if there isn't a Lodge in your town, or at least very close. Most lodges will welcome you to have supper with them, at which time you and the brothers of that lodge can get to know each other and you can ask any questions that you might have. And to all of the Masons here, if you are ever around the DFW area or Sulphur Springs, Tx let me know!

Searn

I am proud to be a 32nd Degree Mason and to come from a family filled with Masons. Both of my Grandfathers, as well as many of my Uncles, Cousins, etc., are Masons, and my Father is a 53-year Kentucky Mason.
    "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice; ammo is cheap, life is expensive."

See there is the "Rub" right there,, The masonic lodge is not a secret organization, We have signs up for lodges all over and when we meet, We take up donations for charities,, Just like the Shriners with the burn hospitals,,Yes parts of it are not well known,, We wouldn't want everybody in our "CLUB" OH YEA the "ARK" of the Coventant,, Dang forgot where we put that!! AGAIN,, LOL guess Nick Cage knows!!

Welcome to the square!
    I belong to a London Lodge that meets in Great Queens Street...Its a low number lodge and we are 200 years old in April this year...

Tint Bob (UK)

Tint Bob,

I have a plural membership, the lodge in Sulphur Springs is 152 years old the Sam P. Cochran lodge is 58 years old.

I have heard that European Masons are much more discrete than we are here in the States, thanks for chiming in. I was told that even the rings worn in the UK are able to be rotated so that the markings will go unseen unless the wearer wants to show them. Can you tell me where I might get such a ring?

Searn

Quote Originally Posted by pfcslr View Post
    It is great to see how many brothers are around. Avenger, I would suggest that you Google "Grand Lodge of Washington" they should have a directory of lodges in the state. I would be surprised if there isn't a Lodge in your town, or at least very close. Most lodges will welcome you to have supper with them, at which time you and the brothers of that lodge can get to know each other and you can ask any questions that you might have. And to all of the Masons here, if you are ever around the DFW area or Sulphur Springs, Tx let me know!

Searn
    Thank you, I will.

I just found a lodge in Spokane near where I live. I read everything I could on their website. As soon as I have the money to petition I think I am going to. This actually sounds like something I have been looking for for so long. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pfcslr View Post
    Tint Bob,

I have a plural membership, the lodge in Sulphur Springs is 152 years old the Sam P. Cochran lodge is 58 years old.

I have heard that European Masons are much more discrete than we are here in the States, thanks for chiming in. I was told that even the rings worn in the UK are able to be rotated so that the markings will go unseen unless the wearer wants to show them. Can you tell me where I might get such a ring?

Searn
    We are a tiny bit more discrete, we don't have signs in our towns saying "lodge 2233 this way " etc
    But I am happy to talk to anyone that asks about freemasonary and I will occasionally mention I am a mason when talking to what I think are non mason's (have to know them though)
    The Rings......I don't have one but haven't noticed people hiding them recently. I do wear silver cufflinks with the "logo" on though......
    Grand Lodge (Great Queens Street London) has in recent years followed a much more open policy regarding masons.

We still have to check with Grand Lodge if we want to visit a foreign lodge, a lot of un-approved lodges out there in the world

If any of your are brave enough to leave the US
    I will be happy to have you at my London Lodge or a Provincial Lodge in my home county of Sussex, providing you can "provide proof"

I have some links for you.......

Provincial Grand Lodge of Sussex | Home
    United Grand Lodge of England Home
    United Grand Lodge of England Masonic Shop
    Masonic Regalia,Freemasons,Freemasonry,Books,Jewellery,Cas es,Lodge Furnishings - Toye Kenning and Spencer

Give them a call.

They will probably invite you to come over to meet the guys and eat supper. Good luck and have fun!

Searn

Thank you

Tint Bob,

I appreciate the offer, and if I ever make it over I will take you up on your offer. Let me extend the same invitation to you should you ever find yourself in Texas. Thank you for the links!

Searn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links