How many Masons are here?

This is a discussion on How many Masons are here? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Nope! Many years ago my dad told me never to have anything to do with them. I followed his advice and after 60 years I ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many Masons are here?

Nope! Many years ago my dad told me never to have anything to do with them. I followed his advice and after 60 years I have no regrets. I know many and I don't know of any advantages they have in life over me. I am born again, have a wonderful wife and family and a great job. What more could they offer to me?
    US Army retired (1969 - 1994)
    Vietnam 1970 - 1971

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Nope! Many years ago my dad told me never to have anything to do with them. I followed his advice and after 60 years I have no regrets. I know many and I don't know of any advantages they have in life over me. I am born again, have a wonderful wife and family and a great job. What more could they offer to me?
    What more?

Maybe an outreached hand when no other is offered.

NOT JOKING....... I actually heard Pelosi say that all Masons should be "on the list" as a potential threat to America. I had to laugh since about all of our Founders were Masons.

Covenant of the Ark, you have to ask that. Nicolas Cage is a Mason by the way. LOL.

To an earlier post, my present Upper Mgt being very anti-Mason (last 13 yrs) , are also the big liars, crooks, unethical folks imaginable. I'm amazed that several are not in prison after being caught defrauding the Co. I've worked in an environment where most Mgmt were Masons, and they were the most upstanding, honest, etchical, and stood up for their employees than anyone I have ever seen.

I went another way:

Knights of Columbus
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    NOT JOKING....... I actually heard Pelosi say that all Masons should be "on the list" as a potential threat to America. I had to laugh since about all of our Founders were Masons.

Covenant of the Ark, you have to ask that. Nicolas Cage is a Mason by the way. LOL.

To an earlier post, my present Upper Mgt being very anti-Mason (last 13 yrs) , are also the big liars, crooks, unethical folks imaginable. I'm amazed that several are not in prison after being caught defrauding the Co. I've worked in an environment where most Mgmt were Masons, and they were the most upstanding, honest, etchical, and stood up for their employees than anyone I have ever seen.
    That goes the other way too..I worked for a company who's decision makers were masons.."biggest liars, crooks and unethical folks" I have met to date.

Just my 2 cents...your experience may vary.
    Last edited by AWDeanSr; January 13th, 2010 at 10:12 PM.
    1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Quote Originally Posted by MoMike View Post
    I went another way:

Knights of Columbus
    There was just a new article on Google News about the Masons and Knights of Columbus merging both organizations, I believe that they were talking about changing the name to "The Masonites"...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The anti Mason group is why...

I hadn't posted this earlier because I didn't want to see this turn into an arguement over any groups being inherently evil, immoral, otherwise despicable.

The Masons are a fraternity and fraternities are made of men who being human are not perfect. Some men are far less perfect than others and still become Masons, unfortunately. In the same way some people who ride motorcycles and dress like hells angels are far as morally upright and ethically steadfast as Billy Graham.

I for one would like to extend a warm and friendly hand to anyone or organization wishing to help our fellow man (and woman) better themselves, and help those less fortunate!

If this thread offends someone please do what I do... don't read it or ignore it.

Thank you,
    Searn

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I actually heard Pelosi say that all Masons should be "on the list" as a potential threat to America.
    I haven't been able to find a citation on this. Can you provide one?
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

PM here 32nd and Shrine Clown (.7.) Welcome Brother and don't worry. I get to be on many peoples evil list CHRISTIAN, Mason, Shriner, Clown, Gun owner, Second Amendment Supporter, The list goes on and on. Don't worry what others might think just be an upright M.& M. Glad to meet you. ISME

Not a Brother.....

...but a fraternal Sister
    Attached Images
    Manicures: $40
    Pedicures: $60
    Range time + ammo: $50
    Quality mother/daughter time: PRICELESS

One here

isme, thanks for the cyber handshake!

drkangl6, I completely forgot the Eastern Star. I didn't list all of the other Masonic branches to save space, there are just so many! I am currently working on my York Rite petetion, I am taking my time so that I can put earnest effort into endowing with each Lodge, Chapetr, Council, or other body. So far 1 lodge down and 1 to go!

Well I need to get to work.

Searn

one here PM,32nd degree and PWP OES welcome.
    God Bless our troops,Pass the ammo
    carry guns,g30,g39
    1911,colt defender 90 / .45
    OLD F##T W/ .45:
    my avater is part of the reason i feel the way i do.

VIP Member
    Brothers, remember the admonition about arguing with those....

Also, remember that it is nearly impossible to prove a negative -- that is when someone says "X" is true, it is seldom possible to prove "X" to be not true to the satisfaction of a believer in "X"'s "truth", no matter how far fetched the claim is.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

You are correct.

DaveH, you are correct.

Searn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links