How many Masons are here?

This is a discussion on How many Masons are here? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by DaveH Brothers, remember the admonition about arguing with those.... Also, remember that it is nearly impossible to prove a negative -- that ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How many Masons are here?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Brothers, remember the admonition about arguing with those....

Also, remember that it is nearly impossible to prove a negative -- that is when someone says "X" is true, it is seldom possible to prove "X" to be not true to the satisfaction of a believer in "X"'s "truth", no matter how far fetched the claim is.
    It a tough thing to do,but Masonry has taught me tolerance for the uninformed.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    IronMike, Thank You.

Past Master here in Greening # 53 here in Lower Alabama. Glad to meet you "Brother"!

VIP Member
    I cut out a bunch of discussion on Masons being good/bad which is not what the OP started this thread for. Keep it on topic of the original post.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I'm one in East TN.
    I must have more 1911's. Someone donate me a Springfield EMP.

Past Master here.
    I'm clinging to my guns and religion.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfcslr View Post
    I hadn't posted this earlier because I didn't want to see this turn into an arguement over any groups being inherently evil, immoral, otherwise despicable.

The Masons are a fraternity and fraternities are made of men who being human are not perfect. Some men are far less perfect than others and still become Masons, unfortunately. In the same way some people who ride motorcycles and dress like hells angels are far as morally upright and ethically steadfast as Billy Graham.

I for one would like to extend a warm and friendly hand to anyone or organization wishing to help our fellow man (and woman) better themselves, and help those less fortunate!

If this thread offends someone please do what I do... don't read it or ignore it.

Thank you,
    Searn

I am Not going to say anything good OR bad as I do not Know Exactly what the Masons are about, Good Bad Or Indifferent

BUT I will say this in response to what pfcslr said above, JUST because an organization , company, or Government excercises good will or compassion, does not mean it is inherently good, with nothing but the best intentions at heart.
    The Oil corporation Citgo had ads on T V here a while back touting how they donate fund and give to charitable organizations that help out the poor and elderly on fixed incomes with their home heating and such.
    Noble ,Yes, but if you Know who owns Citgo, (the Venezualen government), Ruled By Communist Ceasar Chavez, who would like nothing better than to see the dissintegration and ultimate fall of our Republic we know as the United States of America, and you can understand how some folks may show a little distrust .

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    I cut out a bunch of discussion on Masons being good/bad which is not what the OP started this thread for. Keep it on topic of the original post.
    Thank you.

I'm an Architect. Does that count?
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    - P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

- Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo! -

I am going to get this wrong, But many years ago I read in a book about secrets one of the sayings were " Are there anygood men in here?" Any truth?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links