ups woes :(

This is a discussion on ups woes :( within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm mad at UPS I have always used UPS and never had a problem till yesterday. I was eagerly awaiting my spankin new Surefire E2D ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ups woes :(

ups woes :(

I'm mad at UPS

I have always used UPS and never had a problem till yesterday. I was eagerly awaiting my spankin new Surefire E2D LED NRA Defender light, when that glorious marvel we now know as online tracking said it had been delivered about 10 minutes ago. I thought to myself I don't recall hearing the UPS truck, but I had on a hockey game and may have just gotten into it. (Ducks were up 2-0, not as good as my Devils, but better than Martha)

So I went to my front door where they normally drop stuff, and theres no box. No worries, I have a back door too. I ran around back real quick, and nothing. So I checked my mailbox, nothing... checked both doors again, nothing... looked through the bushes, still nothing... checked the balcony (maybe they threw it up there), nope... Looked by the neighbor's doors, front and back, nothing. CIRCLED THE BLOCK..... nothing...

After 30 minutes of searching for my $200 box that paid $15 shipping on for 2nd day delivery, instead of $4 for standard, I decided it was lost and gave UPS a call. After telling the computer my tracking number 5 times and it not recognizing it, it allowed me to talk to a woman who was very sorry that UPS lost my package. I know she was because she told me so about 10 times in out 2 minute conversation. she tried to transfer me to "Tracing Dept." but I got disconnected. So I called back and talked to another woman who was very sorry they lost my stuff. Not as sorry as the first lady, but pretty close. She said I wasn't allowed to talk to tracing because I wasn't the shipper, and that I had to call surefire. (Why should I call Surefire, they did their job. Took my money, packaged up my stuff and gave it to UPS. but whatever)

Called Surefire. Spoke to a woman who wasn't very sorry UPS lost my stuff, but was very helpful and sounded sincere when she said sorry about the trouble. She started the trace on it, and now I get to sit here for 2 weeks waiting for them to figure out who screwed up.

Who do I call for a refund on my 2nd day shipping ?

Best part is I have another package coming today, via UPS :( Hopefully I will be able to catch the driver and ask where he put my package and just get the box from wherever it went instead of waiting 2 weeks...

To my UPS driver: Verify the address isn't just a button on your computer dudad, but something your supposed to do...
    To UPS customer support: Thanks for the "Help"
    To Surefire customer support: Thanks for actually helping

</rant>
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    The shipper has to get THEIR credit back for the shipping from UPS, and then surefire can eventually credit you. We've had nothing but trouble from UPS. They will CLAIM they came by and no one was home, when I was waiting outside. They just never showed. This happened twice in a week and we ended up getting the guy fired, I think.

You will have to talk to Surefire about THEM getting the credit on shipping from UPS and then refunding it to you if the item was sent out via surefire's UPS account, which it most likely was.

Dude, that sucks. Hope they fix this for you asap.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

mrm
    I have 2 of the surefire E2d flashlights and the warranty and service you get from surefire is untouched by any other brand out there. Mine are not the NRA ones but you will love this flashlight, be carefull where you carry it as it will start to rub holes in your jeans, the top is rather sharp
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Good luck friend. Sounds about like my experience with UPS. This is why I request FEDEX whenever I can these days. I've had far too many similar experiences with UPS. The latest was with getting my xbox360 repaired by MS. After screwballing around with them on the phone for 4 months they finally shipped me a new one via...yep you guessed it...UPS.

Mysteriously it was delivered(according to UPS), but not delivered since I was home waiting for it the whole day I KNOW FOR SURE it wasn't delivered so this started another month-long fight with UPS. So much for customer service. Yeah...they'll service you alright...if you drop your drawers and bend over.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

well luckily I got it straitened out. the guy had dropped it off 2 doors down, along with my moms checks (2 boxes).... thats not bad at all... all that matters is the guy went to their house and got my stuff, so I have my light now :D he was gonna drop my box today over there, but I happened to walk past the window as he pulled up, so I ran out. I definitely think I'm gonna start going with FedEx when possible... they seem to be a day or 2 slower than UPS, but it gets here without any problems...

I noticed how sharp the top was, and thought the same exact thing, I gotta be careful where I put it... a note to anyone who might get this light, don't look into it to see how bright it is, or to see what a BG would see... its bright... thats all you need to know...

When I get some money I want to get another one of these lights and some pepper spray for my girlfriend... she still thinks it'll never happen to her... the way I see it these are small and light, at least then I know she'll be safer when I'm not there.
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

I keep getting packages via UPS but they are for a neighbor.

We live in a private development and have the same street number BUT IT IS A DIFFERENT STREET... UGH.

The problem is not the normal driver but every so often a fill in does the route
    and makes the mistake.

bosco

I got 2 UPS packages coming,first is some tactical cargo shortd from LA Police supply,and the other is 2 AR15 soft cases from Midway,on sale this month for 17.99 and 3 red dot sights on sale for 49.99 normal 99.99.My UPS driver not only delivers but knows I'm disabled and will wait a little longer to get a signature if he needs one
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

First, I would just like say how sorry I am about UPS screwing up so badly! lol In my personal experience, UPS has "trumped" the service of FedEx and USPS I'm sorry to say. I had to actually go to the next town to the FedEx express shipping center to pick up my package because they were late and I was going out of town. And when you get a late notice on a bill before you get the actual bill and the postmarks show differently...that's my experience with USPS. Oh, and a first class stamp works better on bday cards etc than 3 day delivery...3 day delivery wont be there til 5 days anyway! lol

Sorry you had a bad experience with UPS. So far i've yet to have a major problem with all the stuff i've ordered. As a UPS worker i see things from both side of the fence. Sadly it being a union job its hard to get rid of even those that need to be gone. Another thing could be a sub driver whose route changes by the week or even daily. Glad you got your package in the end though.

Kinda hard for UPS to mess up here....
    We're on the LAST street (dead end) on the LAST drop in the LAST town for any UPS truck run....
    Plus...it helps when the driver is someone your wife worked with for several years (in a different capacity...)...
    I've actually had more trouble with FedEx than UPS through the years...
    Found a "delivered" package literally blowing around my neighbor's yard last winter; luckily, I got to it before Mother Nature dumped it in a pond!!

I live in a development with an actual street addy. I have demanded that shippers ship my order to the USPS as I have a PO Box that I use for all my billing, etc. Every time I have had to use UPS, I end up being lied to. Once they said they attempted delivery while my daughter and I were sitting on the front porch at the exact time they said they were at my place. I did see a Fed Ex Van drive by, but no big brown UPS truck. I ended up having to go the distribution center (which is only 10 min from my place,) to pick up the pkg. I even leave a note on the door to knock loudly as I'm home but in my office and can't hear unless they knock loud. Stupid driver left an attempted delivery notice, and never even knocked! Another time, I had a $350 laser delivered. Tracking said UPS dropped it off, but no pkg. About an hr. later my dtr. went to our mailbox, and guess where my pkg. was? Inside the USPO mail box for my house and the pkg. was wet too. Thankfully the laser unit was packed well enough that it was unharmed. When DSL was still around, always got my delivered items on time, every time. Whenever my shipper uses Fed Ex, same thing always delivered ontime, every time. UPS couldn't find their rear end with both hands and a guide dog. I hate using them!
    Glad you finally got your pkg.
    USCCA/DEFENSIVE HANDGUNS
    GSSA/NRA
    DEFENSIVE CARRY
    GLOCK TALK
    PAFOA/American Gun Owners

I got both my packages,UPS driver put them at front door and rang doorbell,If they know I'm not home they stick em behind my trash can
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

anyone get this UPS Basic yet?
    they actually deliver the package to the post office then in comes in the mail the next day...
    I live in a small community and live only about 1.5 miles from the post office! The last time MidwayUSA sent some small items Basic and a large case Ground. So they actually had two packages from the same order with the same address but one went to the post office and the other to my door step. I guess it works for some places but jeez
    Life is a game of chance, be prepared to throw down when its time to dance. If your young, enjoy it cuz your youth is gold and never waste time every single day you grow old. written is a page in the book for you, with hard times and bad luck to see what you will do.

One of my friends had pretty much the same problem, except the person they delivered it to pretty much stole it. The ups driver went to their place 4 times and they never answered the door. Personally if I ever got a package delivered to me that had someone else's name on it, I would call ups back up and have them pick it up, assuming I didn't recognize the address in which case I would just take it down the street to the proper address.

How did UPS become so over-run with incompetants?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links