did any one see the unit

did any one see the unit

This is a discussion on did any one see the unit within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; if you didnt get to see it it had a nice pice about pro carry in it was way shocked also had a simi anti ...

Thread: did any one see the unit

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar

did any one see the unit

if you didnt get to see it it had a nice pice about pro carry in it was way shocked also had a simi anti lol statement where the guys wife states why its a good idea and the gun ends up saving her in the end in the hands of the anti was kewl first time iv ever seen a pro cc issue go that way on tv makes ya wounder how long that show will last after that

VIP Member
    Agree...it was a very nice and delicate-made point. when the SHTF you better have the tools. The rest is just cheap philosophy.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Administrative Ban Array Red Stick's Avatar
    I had to work that night and I have it on VHS. I'll be watching it shortly. The Unit is pretty cool. Reminds me of the First Season of Soldier of Fortune, Inc.

Conversation...

That episode of "The Unit" sparked a valuable conversation with my wife.

Mrs. Brown (character on the show) was carrying a handgun in her purse. The purse wound up on a counter...and not in the room in which she was attacked. And, yes, it was cool that a character who had already expressed his disapproval of concealed carry wound up using the pregnant woman's handgun to prevent her rape.

The conversation that ensued with my wife was about the value of a weapon that is not constantly in reach...it has none. Had "Mrs. Brown" been carrying on her person, she would have had a chance at fighting enough to be able to draw and fire her weapon. As it was, the slightly built woman with apparently no hand-to-hand training was in a bit of a sticky wicket going against a soldier. We got to talk about situational awareness, the value of empty-hand skills, and the difficulties presented by carrying in a purse or satchel that is likely to wind up just out of reach at just the wrong time. The wife agreed that, whatever her weapon of choice (kubotan, OC, firearm), it will be on her person. She also agreed to hand-to-hand training.

Perhaps this episode will have some positive effects:

1. showing the value of being armed (weapon on you),
    and
    2. showing that just having a firearm doesn't mean that one will get to use it...without fighting for the privilege...

I'm sure there are some others. Oh...the incident ended without a shot being fire.

BTW, this is my first post. I've been reading for awhile. Good to meet all of you.

Be safe. Be aware. Keep you head down and your powder dry.
    Michael

The Unit

Welcome aboard, TizTBone!

Great double-episodes last night. It's the only network show that I try to watch religously besides the original CSI. I can't vouch for it's military realism (or lack thereof), it's good to see some action that doesn't seem too far-fetched.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    The practical joke was so wrong.... I felt bad for Mr Brown.... Ok almost bad.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I have yet to see this show as it comes on at the same time as another show that I watch, but I will probably watch it come summer rerun time.

Is it a show that you can pick up at any time, or is it something that you need to see each week to follow the plot line?
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Thought the show was pretty good this week brought back memories with a couple of words they used in the proper text: BOHICA haven't heard since Navy days and WHISKEY-TANGO-FOXTROT (***) used many times over the years.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Links