Messed up: Dead at 104 years old

This is a discussion on Messed up: Dead at 104 years old within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I saw this on the news and couldn't believe it. The guy looked like he could've gone for several more years. Sad. Here's a like ...

Thread: Messed up: Dead at 104 years old

Messed up: Dead at 104 years old

I saw this on the news and couldn't believe it. The guy looked like he could've gone for several more years. Sad.

Here's a like to the story.

//BROOKLYN (GaeaTimes.com)- Joe Rollino Dead at 104! The Great Strongman Died After Being Hit By Car. Joe Rollino, was crossing Bay Ridge Parkway (Brooklyn) when a minivan hit him hard. This caused a broken pelvis and ribs and also a head trauma. He was rushed to a nearby hospital, but he lost his fight in only a few hours. According to the authorities, the minivan’s driver had neither been drinking nor was he above the speed limit. He has been summoned for having a defective horn but no criminality or foul play has been suspected.

Joe Rollino Dead at 104: Great Strongman Died After Being Hit By Car, this piece of news has brought on a lot of grief to him fans whose heart he ruled for a large part of his life. This was the man who could lift 3200 pounds and was friends with Mario Lanza. Having lived a healthy life of 104 years, he was neither a drinker nor a smoker. Even after crossing his century- exercise has been a routine part of his life, said his close friends. There are many middle aged people who couldn’t look half as good as the centenarian did in the last years of his life. A nemesis, Arthur Perry said that Joe Rollino had been blessed by nature- not even looking half of his 104 years.

Joe Rollino may be dead at 104, the great strongman may have died after being hit by a car, but this will not deter his fans in worshiping the strongman for decades to come. Joe Rollino would have been celebrating his 105th birthday this March. God Bless his soul!//
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Sad to hear

The title on your thread is a little misleading he didn't seem to mess up at all just an accident. I wonder if it couldn't have been a blessing though. To live all those years fit and healthy a slow and agonizing decline would not be my first choice. YMMV

How about that. I hope to make it that long myself. maybe a few more with the way medicine and the like are coming. But you still have to watch out for accidents.

Quote Originally Posted by gilliland87 View Post
    The title on your thread is a little misleading he didn't seem to mess up at all just an accident. I wonder if it couldn't have been a blessing though. To live all those years fit and healthy a slow and agonizing decline would not be my first choice. YMMV
    It wasn't meant that way, but as it stands no charges have been filed, so he may have literally messed up by crossing in front of a car.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

By "Messed up" I assume he meant the circumstances were messed up since you cant say Blanked Up.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Administrator
    What a shame. The man makes it to 104, only to get snuffed out crossing the street. Imagine what that man has seen in his lifetime. Auto's, aircraft, wars, great depression, the different presidents...
    "Just blame Sixto"

My condolences to his family. I hope I make it that old in good health.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    What a shame. The man makes it to 104, only to get snuffed out crossing the street. Imagine what that man has seen in his lifetime. Auto's, aircraft, wars, great depression, the different presidents...
    Yes sir, and that's what I meant by "messed up". The poster child of health and taken out while crossing the street. Just a D shame really.

I agree its a horrible tragedy, however look at it from a different angle. If you lived the way this guy led his life do you think he would rather be taken out by a 4200 pound screaming lump of steel and rubber or languishing in a hospice hospital bed waiting for his turn to be changed by a some snot nosed punk nurse. I know which way I would choose and its not the slow death.
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Like Sixto said, can you imagine what that man has seen in his lifetime... I'm only pushing a half century and my how the times have changed.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Links