Drugs, Sex, Gunplay, and Death in Maine

This is a discussion on Drugs, Sex, Gunplay, and Death in Maine within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Drugs, Sex, Gunplay, and Death in Maine Drugs, Sex, Gunplay, and Death in Maine PORTLAND, Maine -- A gun collector who introduced several weapons into ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drugs, Sex, Gunplay, and Death in Maine

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

PORTLAND, Maine -- A gun collector who introduced several weapons into sexual play with two other men contended the weapons were intended to fulfill a sexual fantasy. Instead, a lethal combination of drugs, extreme sex and Russian roulette put him on trial for manslaughter.

Both the defense and prosecutors said there was no intention to kill. But prosecutors said defendant Bruce Lavallee-Davidson, a farmer from Skowhegan, was responsible for ensuring his gun wasn't loaded when it was being handled. He was convicted Wednesday and faces at least four years in prison.

The trial shed light on a dungeon in Wilson's South Portland home that was filled with sexual toys that three men used as a drug-fueled escape from reality.

Assistant Attorney General Lisa Marchese said the focus should be on the handling of the gun -- not the sexual acts that were going on in the victim's basement. The victim, Fred Wilson, 50, of South Portland, died of a single gunshot wound to the head on April 18, 2009.

"You just don't hold a gun to someone's head and pull the trigger without making sure it's not loaded. And at the moment he pulled the trigger, he didn't know," she said.

Defense lawyer Tom Hallett told jurors the men had been using guns as part of their sexual play and that the victim was a thrill seeker who may have slipped a bullet into the .44-caliber Rossi revolver unbeknownst to Lavallee-Davidson, who'd previously checked to make sure the gun was unloaded.

Jurors deliberated less than an hour before returning their guilty verdict in Cumberland County Superior Court. Manslaughter carries a maximum sentence of 30 years in state prison in Maine. Because a gun was involved, the minimum sentence is four years, Marchese said.

The bespectacled Lavallee-Davidson, with short gray hair and a goatee and dressed in a sport coat, gave the appearance of a college professor in the courtroom. He showed no visible reaction to the verdict, and left without speaking to reporters. Hallett said the outcome was "devastating" for him.

The Dartmouth College graduate was in a committed relationship when he testified in favor of keeping Maine's now-overturned gay marriage law at a public hearing, four days after the discovery of Wilson's body and several weeks before he was indicted by a grand jury in Cumberland County.

The fatal shooting happened after Wilson, Lavallee-Davidson and a third man had been smoking pot, consuming the party drug GBL, huffing aerosol inhalants and having sex over a 12-hour period in the basement of Wilson's Colonial home in a middle-class neighborhood two blocks from the ocean.

The third participant, James Pombriant, 65, of Auburn, testified he first thought the others were playing a sick joke on him when he saw the flash of a handgun after hours of partying.

Pombriant, who was engaged in a sex act with the victim when the shot rang out, says there was a moment of silence before Lavallee-Davidson said, "I think I killed him."

Lavallee-Davidson, 50, contended the killing was a tragic accident.

His lawyers said their client checked not just once -- but three times -- over the course of the night to make sure the revolver wasn't loaded. They contend the victim loaded a bullet into the revolver's chamber while Lavallee-Davidson slipped out of the room to use the bathroom.

When Lavallee-Davidson returned, Wilson asked him to put the gun to his head and pull the trigger to intensify his pleasure, the defense contended. On the first try, there was a click when Lavallee-Davidson pulled the trigger. Wilson asked him to do it again, and there was a flash, the defense said.

After the shooting, Pombriant and Lavallee-Davidson left Wilson's body behind for hours before Pombriant called police. Police recovered the handgun used in the killing and a .12-gauge Mossberg shotgun that Lavallee-Davidson had taken to Wilson's home for the sex games.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

"Surely the preservation and enjoyment of the freedoms vouchsafed to us by the Constitution of the United States will require eternal vigilance even to the guarding of it with our lives. We must ever keep faith with our founding fathers by keeping faith with our Constitution."

"Assistant Attorney General Lisa Marchese said the focus should be on the handling of the gun -- not the sexual acts that were going on in the victim's basement."

Agreed, but I doubt that will hold up long.

"Look what perverts they were, and look what happened!" will be the typical clucking and finger-pointing.

I would say there's no real way of knowing where the true fault lay -- except they shouldn't have played with guns. Something less lethal would have been more appropriate.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

just wow.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

play stupid games, win stupid prizes

alright, this thread is "OFFICIALLY" the most bizarre thing i've ever read on this forum.

Uh.... Gross.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

VIP Member
    Ahhhhhh Yeah,

Put me down for a couple of days of that fun filled activity.

NOT!!!

^^^^^^I agree^^^^^^^^

Jimminy Crickets, What da L are people thinking ?

Here's to alcohol - the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. -Homer Simpson
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by 8plus1 View Post

Excuse me while I go bleach my brain...

This is my weapon, this is my gun, this ones for fighting.... well you know how it goes.

Pretty gross activities if you ask me.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Dam...talk about a negligent discharge...or was that premature discharge...

"You just don't hold a gun to someone's head and pull the trigger without making sure it's not loaded. And at the moment he pulled the trigger, he didn't know," she said.

You NEVER point a gun at someone's head except in a defensive scenario!

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Ugh. If you're THAT bored, go read a book, or go for a run, or volunteer at a homeless shelter or something.

And if you're an adrenaline junkie, why not go hang-gliding or sky-diving, or volunteer to don a bite suit and train some K9s or something?

Are people getting dumber, or what?
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

My vote is with the "most bizare" thing I have read in the forum thus far.

Ironically, the article mentions a .44 Rossi revolver used in the accidental shooting. I too own a Rossi, but it is in .38 spl. I bought it back in the 1980's from a co-worker selling it for his uncle. It had belonged to his uncle and was used by the man's son with a friend in a Vodka-fueled Russian Roulette game and he shot himself in the head and died instantly.

The man got the firearm back from the police after the investigation was over, could not stand to look at it and sold it to me. Even though I know this handgun took a life accidentally, I could not pass up buying it. However, it does give one the shivers knowing the history of it.

What have we learned if nothing else. Treat every firearm with respect, and never assume they are not loaded.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links