Democratic Republic of Congo

This is a discussion on Democratic Republic of Congo within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The most recent African Stimulus Package: Congo Approves Economic Stimulus Package Of AK-47 For Every Citizen | The Onion - America's Finest News Source...

Thread: Democratic Republic of Congo

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Gawwwddd...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I think as far as a stimulus package goes, and promoting liberty, the concept is not without merrit. Clearly not in the context of the video though, that was just funny.

But for us it would need to be American weapons, not the AKs.
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    I think this would be an excellent program for the Congo. The average citizen is terrorized by teenagers with guns, rebels with guns, criminals with guns, police/soldiers with guns, and anyone with guns. It would level the playing field.

If this is from the Onion, then it is most likely a satire piece.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Some countries just are never able to get it together. The Congo made constant headlines as a surrogate battleground in the cold waar when I was a teen 50 years back, and there has NEVER been real political stability in that sad place since.

I'm truly sad when I watch poor people in poor places spending money on weapons and bullets instead of business and agricultural investment.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Maybe our Prez will try this for the next Stimulus plan, since this one is working so well. I guess we should not hold our breath.
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Carry gun Glock 22 modified by my friend Bill Wilson of Wilson Combat + Crimson Trace LG-417.

2nd Kahr PM40 or .32 NAA.

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Some countries just are never able to get it together. The Congo made constant headlines as a surrogate battleground in the cold waar when I was a teen 50 years back, and there has NEVER been real political stability in that sad place since.

I'm truly sad when I watch poor people in poor places spending money on weapons and bullets instead of business and agricultural investment.
    kinda hard to build a business when you're being shot at and chased by teenagers with machetes every 10 minutes.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Links