Gangland Tours.........

This is a discussion on Gangland Tours......... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is sorta' like the old "Life in these United States" articles from Readers Digest, that I recall reading many mango seasons past. It is, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gangland Tours.........

Gangland Tours.........

This is sorta' like the old "Life in these United States" articles from Readers Digest, that I recall reading many mango seasons past.

It is, at least, interesting. http://www.the-tidings.com/2010/010810/gangtours.htm
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    I almost posted that yesterday.
    Can you imagine the uproar the first time they get shot at and/or boarded? In the gang world territories are fluid, and agreements for the safe passage are worth what they (aren't) written on.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

If I wanta see a buncha lazy crack dealing pot smoking gangstas,All I gotta do is watch Gangland on TV,anybody that pays 65.00 fer a tour of ghettoland should get the full deal instead of paying upfront during the tour the bus gets jacked and you get robbed of the 65.00 and anything else you got....tanks fo pickin gangsta toows and has a nice days
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Fox and Friends

just a few minutes ago had the promoter on the show. It is all couched in explanations about 'helping, promoting understanding, etcetera'. The tours, at that rate, should be free!
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Administrator
    Oh never mind. It's not a hunting trip. I'm no longer interested.

VIP Member
    Among others, the paper quoted Alfred Lomas, the former gang member turned anti-poverty worker and gang interventionist who is spearheading the project backed by local businessmen. In trying to obtain a "safe passage" cease-fire agreement through Jordan Downs, the 45-year-old activist, who directs a mobile food ministry for the Christian-based nonprofit Dream Center, reportedly said to a "shot-caller" or gang leader: "I'm not saying you have to stop shooting each other. Just allow me a certain time in the day…. Just let the bus go through."

Quote from article^^^^^^^

This is simply ludicrous, Same old Bull crap,sensitizing the public to the poor and downtrodden Gangbang mentality.
    They'd be better served having a tour bus bring the Gangbangers, and taking them through everyday America neighborhoods, and showing them what honesty, hard work, and dedication to family will get you.

I got no use for this crap

"If you put the government in charge of the desert, there would be a sand shortage within ten years." - A very wise man
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Does it cost extra to be robbed?

So now the gang members have jobs.
    I wonder if they will show up.
    "Man, we robbed you yesterday. Leave us alone, homie."

Administrator
    Wow... Just wow. I wonder who insures this guys venture?

It's kinda like a safari adventure. I think he should wear Khaki shorts and vest with one of those safari hats too. I also think they should have a 'local' guide that helps with translations and customs too. Do they bring in trinkets to appease the natives as well?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by carry ok View Post
    just a few minutes ago had the promoter on the show. It is all couched in explanations about 'helping, promoting understanding, etcetera'. The tours, at that rate, should be free!
    Yeah and the participants have to sign a "death waiver" even though the promoter has an "agreement" with the BGs that they won't bother the bus.
    How about a pool to nail the first time the bus gets robbed?

I heard about this in the news this morning and started cracking up (no pun intended), but then, when I hears about the "death waiver" I almost bust a gut.

I wonder if the first tour bus should be full of anti-gang units backed up by SWAT.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post

It's kinda like a safari adventure. I think he should wear Khaki shorts and vest with one of those safari hats too. I also think they should have a 'local' guide that helps with translations and customs too. Do they bring in trinkets to appease the natives as well?
    Local guide=promoter="former" banger

Trinkets=whatever the passengers have on them.

Insurance? You think the banger in charge actually tried to insure this venture?
    "Don't Tread on Me"

This is one of the stupidest ideas so far this year, but it is only January.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

What a load of garbage.... They are cashing in on sensationalizing gangs until a gangbanger decides to shoot up the bus to get street cred.

Yup, trust is exactly what gangs are noted for (not).
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post

That was my first thought while reading this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Administrator

Exclamation

"G"BANGER SPECIAL!
    For $50.00 more (One Week Only)
    Witness a real "Drive By" shooting and actually get to Tamper With REAL Evidence when you run out of the bus and gather up souvenir 9mm cartridge cases before the Police arrive!

When the Police DO arrive on the scene and ask you what you saw....You get to say: I Didn't See Nothin' Man. just like a real neighborhood resident!

Includes:
    > Free Small Sample Of Crack Cocaine

> One can of Spray Paint so you can TAG a wall and let everybody know that YOU took the tour!

> Optional ~ Get a souvenir Fingers TAT with a shared needle and black ink made from scraped off black shoe polish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links