I have made the decision to go skydiving..

This is a discussion on I have made the decision to go skydiving.. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have made the decision to go skydiving.. I have always thought about it but never got very serious about it until watching videos about ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have made the decision to go skydiving..

I have always thought about it but never got very serious about it until watching videos about it on www.youtube and looking at a local skydiving website 10 miles above Seattle!
    Was wondering if anyone else has ever gone or is thinking about doing it this summer?

For $230 at alititude of 12,000 feet with a minute of freefall and 6 mins of parachute time, can't beat that!

well maybe if you had a dummy with targets on it and you could shoot the dummy as you were free falling, haha, yeah right!

I have gone paragliding, did it last year, now i want to take the plunge and go sky diving! Oh yeah.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-H-g...h=skydiving%20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZroXR...h=skydiving%20

2. Remove Ads

Be cautious-check the safety record of the jump school.
    Have fun with it, It's addictive and the rush you get is
    like nothing you ever experience before.

Several years back, I made 8 jumps over one summer. I decided that I had all the expensive hobbies that I could afford, and gave it up. It's not something that I'll ever forget though.

Skydiving isn't for everyone, but if you're interested, you owe it to yourself to give it a try. There's really no way of describing the sensation, you just have to get up there and do it.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Im sorry but there just something wrong with jumping out of a perfectly good airplane

But if its what ya wanna do have at it

Closed Account Array Steelhorse's Avatar
    Remember why the blind don't skydive? Because it scares the hell out of the dog.

But seriously, hope you enjoy yourself.

Administrator
    About the only friendly & sound advice that I can offer you...would be for you to be absolutely 100% certain that your Wife/Girlfriend/Better~Half is not having a secret love affair with whoever will be packing your chute.
    Aside from that....have fun!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Moderator
    Skydiving...

the ultimate natural "high"....

Are you sure you want to jump out of a perfectly safe aircraft with a chute that may or may not open ?

Seriously...once you look up and see that yout chute is open and that it actually works, and after you thank the Lord for letting it work, you can enjoy the ride down. Its absolutley beautiful up there, and its a brand new perspective on the world.

Lets us know how it goes....

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Im sorry but there just something wrong with jumping out of a perfectly good airplane
    I've had a BUNCH of Airborne troops tell me there is no such thing as a perfectly good airplane. I feel that if the pilot is staying, I'm with him!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I'll never jump unless the plane is going down. But for you crazies who enjoy that sort of thing, have fun and good luck.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

1952 - 2006
    I have 139 parachute jumps. Static line, HALO and HAHO (High Altitude, Low Opening and High Altitude, High Opening), all done while in the military. I loved HALO, other than the cold (-60F), jumping out of a plane from 35,000 feet and being in freefall for 3 minutes is a real gas.

There is something innately unnatural about standing in the door of an aircraft several miles above the ground and voluntarily hurling your body into space.

You will find it's the greatest thrill you can have with your clothes on.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Quote Originally Posted by acparmed
    There is something innately unnatural about standing in the door of an aircraft several miles above the ground and voluntarily hurling your body into space.
    Worse yet, climbing out slowly! I jumped out of a little single-prop cessna. No room to stand up... Imagine sitting in the doorway with your feet dangling, reaching out and grabing the strut, and climbing out hand over hand until you pass a piece of tape they tell you is far enough from the aircraft to keep you from bashing into the tail!

Never bailed at higher than 11k, I'll bet 35k is a real rush!
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by acparmed
    I have 139 parachute jumps. Static line, HALO and HAHO (High Altitude, Low Opening and High Altitude, High Opening), all done while in the military. I loved HALO, other than the cold (-60F), jumping out of a plane from 35,000 feet and being in freefall for 3 minutes is a real gas.

You will find it's the greatest thrill you can have with your clothes on.
    damn 35,000 feet with 3 mins of free fall, i would love that, i get to go up to 12,000 feet with one full min of free fall, dang, maybe i can find somewhere that will let me do that!

I won't do it til summer, and im trying to get more and more of my co-workers to come along, the more people you bring, the less you pay per person!

I will post video on the site if i still remember to months from now!

so basically about 25 people on average in the United States die from skydiving each year!

sites in 2005 where deaths were reported the most were Georgia and Wisconsin. THey had a few deaths each.

and the place i am planning on going had one death!
    http://www.dropzone.com/fatalities/

for more info! haha, crazy, i will only go on a perfectly clear day, no wind, no extreme high or low pressure days, to limit death by means of weather, now i just have to trust the equipment then im set to go!
    Last edited by fitznig; May 14th, 2006 at 10:29 PM.

What a rush!!!!!!!!!!
    frankmako

I have never been but was very seriously pressured to do it once by a friend that worked at Quantum leap skydive! I never bowed to the pressure because I am with Bud on this one, I ain't trying to jump from anything that is perfectly fine and not going down in flames.

The funniest thing he said to me to try an sell me on it was "I will guarantee the chute I pack will open"

This is the same guy that told me while pondering repelling once that he would guarantee his knot! yea right!!!!!!! these are the same so called “knots” that when/if you make it to the bottom you some how pull on the rope to release it from what it is around. I don't think so!

Good luck with your skydiving, report back with how fun it was!

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links