Lets help Haiti!!!!!!

Lets help Haiti!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Lets help Haiti!!!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; How many of you all are going to help HAITI? There are over 36 thousand members on here $10 from all of us will be ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets help Haiti!!!!!!

Question Lets help Haiti!!!!!!

How many of you all are going to help HAITI? There are over 36 thousand members on here $10 from all of us will be over 360 thousand!!!!

Already gave.

This needs to move to off topic forum
    My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks. Great sentiments.

But I'm contributing thru a local organization sponsored by the local news.

And my prayers are with them, sans any mention of firearms
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I've already sent money through my phone company. I think this is a really good idea, though.
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

Cool

I've already given to the Red Cross online. They are so overwhelmed that it took six hours to receive my email receipt. Usually receipts come in seconds.

Cool

The only problem with texting a donation on your cell, the recipient doesn't get the cash for up to 90 days. Your bill has to be paid before anything procedes.

i will send them my best wishes, but they can forget about getting any money or goods from me.

Sorry but I share the sentiments of jahwarrior72. I have been to Haiti. How many of you can say that. Sending anything to that country will most likely line the pockets of the corrupt government.

I gave $10 to the Red Cross. That is as far as I am willing to extend myself to help a corrupt and Godless country.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Although I will still help, I get concerned when we have already given that country...MILLIONS...during past years and the people got almost nothing because the 'ruling corruption' lined their pockets.
    This fact was accurately described on Fox News and discussed money given back from the Clinton years to the present.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    The U.S. (our government) has been giving aid to Haiti for many years.... but where does that money go??? Where ever it is not supposed to. Not giving another country a Dime of my hard earned money...

Oh wait a minute... Uncle Obama is sending THREE BILLION dollars.... THREE BILLION... What the heck he is thinking.. WE have people in need in the U.S... Sorry My country comes first and I didn't see anybody giving us money after every earthquake
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I agree with many of the bad sentiments about Haiti and the over 2 billion U.S. dollars wasted over the past few decades, but I am giving to the Red Cross today, for purely humanitarian reasons. You see, unlike Pat Robertson I do not believe the citizens of Haiti brought this disaster upon themselves by angering God. . . . and yes TN Mike, I have been there done that...more than once!
    Kholster/Glock 17/Rugar SR9c/Bersa 380CC/Ruger LCR/SW 624/ SW 629
    Doublestar Star 15 M4 5.56 / Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader

I don't even call it violence when it's in self defense; I call it intelligence
    Malcolm X

I dont get it either. Our government are tight wads when it comes to help our own, but are willing to give 3 billion dollars to a country that probably should just disappear to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    The U.S. (our government) has been giving aid to Haiti for many years.... but where does that money go??? Where ever it is not supposed to. Not giving another country a Dime of my hard earned money...
    Oh wait a minute... Uncle Obama is sending THREE BILLION dollars.... THREE BILLION... What the heck he is thinking.. WE have people in need in the U.S... Sorry My country comes first and I didn't see anybody giving us money after every earthquake
    Agreed. Besides, Obama has already tapped me out giving my, my kids money and my grandkids money to GM, Chrysler, the unions, Acorn, pharmacuticals, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, etc.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

i just think that we have enough poor, homeless, sick people here to take care of. New Orleans is still in shambles; why isn't anyone in a rush to help them? why did it take so long to send aid in the first place? why are there scores of homeless vets sleeping on the streets of NYC? we've helped Haiti enough over the years, a wasted effort. we've been throwing money into the quantum singularity called Haiti; enough is enough.

Here is yet another example of why I will not give any more $$ or anything else for the Haiti relief.

US accused of occupying Haiti as troops flood in

US accused of 'occupying' Haiti as troops flood in
    France accused the US of "occupying" Haiti on Monday as thousands of American troops flooded into the country to take charge of aid efforts and security.

The French minister in charge of humanitarian relief called on the UN to "clarify" the American role amid claims the military build up was hampering aid efforts.

Alain Joyandet admitted he had been involved in a scuffle with a US commander in the airport's control tower over the flight plan for a French evacuation flight.

"This is about helping Haiti, not about occupying Haiti," Mr Joyandet said.

Geneva-based charity Medecins Sans Frontieres backed his calls saying hundreds of lives were being put at risk as planes carrying vital medical supplies were being turned away by American air traffic controllers.

But US commanders insisted their forces' focus was on humanitarian work and last night agreed to prioritise aid arrivals to the airport over military flights, after the intervention of the UN.

The diplomatic row came amid heightened frustrations that hundreds of tons of aid was still not getting through. Charities reported violence was also worsening as desperate Haitians took matters into their own hands.

The death toll is now estimated at up to 200,000 lives. Around three million Haitians a third of the country's population have been affected by Tuesday's earthquake and two million require food assistance.

While food and water was gradually arriving at the makeshift camps which have sprung up around the city, riots have broken out in other areas where supplies have still not materialised.

Haiti was occupied by the US between 1915 and 1935, and historical sensitivities together with friction with other countries over the relief effort has made the Americans cautious about their role in the operation.

American military commanders have repeatedly stressed that they are not entering the country as an occupying force.

US soldiers in Port-au-Prince said they had been told to be discreet about how they carry their M4 assault rifles.

A paratrooper sergeant said they were authorised to use "deadly force" if they see anyone's life in danger but only as a "last resort".

Capt John Kirby, a spokesman for the joint task force at the airport, said the US recognised it was only one of a number of countries contributing to a UN-led mission.

He also emphasised the US troops, which he said would rise to 10,000 by Wednesday would principally be assisting in humanitarian relief and the evacuation of people needing medical attention.

The main responsibility for security rests with the UN, which is to add a further 3,000 troops to its force of 9,000.

However, it was agreed on Sunday night that the Americans would take over security at the four main food and water distribution points being set up in the city, Capt Kirby said.

"Security here is in a fluid situation," he said. "If the Haitian government asked us to provide security downtown, we would do that." He played down the threat of violence, saying: "What we're seeing is that there are isolated incidents of violence and some pockets where it's been more restive, but overall it's calm."
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links