Big mistake.....I thought I was at a gun show.

This is a discussion on Big mistake.....I thought I was at a gun show. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Last weekend I decided to drive out of town to a gun show I had never been to before, in fact I haven't been to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big mistake.....I thought I was at a gun show.

VIP Member

Big mistake.....I thought I was at a gun show.

Last weekend I decided to drive out of town to a gun show I had never been to before, in fact I haven't been to one in a while. I wanted to check bulk ammo prices/availability in a market out of state.

I looked it up on the internet, got the address and the name of the convention center it was being held in. I punched the information in my Nuvi and headed off to the gun show alone, no way was my wife going, though I keep telling her they have jewelry and stuff !!!

The ad says it's held at the Maude Cobb Convention Center, I get real close and saw the yellow/red signs stuck in the grass with the words "gun show". I'm looking around, see the building, and wow is the parking lot full, I could barely find a place. It took a long walk to get up to the building and they had a ticketbooth open where you actually purchased a ticket and didn't get your hand stamped. It was $10 to get in !!!! While I was standing in line I could see and hear classical music being playing in the foyer and I'm thinking good grief I can't believe this; usually I'm only greeted by the smell of pre-cooked chili dogs rather than the sounds of classical music. This must be some kind of joke????

So now I'm at the window, reluctantly pay the admission price, and they gave me a ticket to get in the door, I glanced down at the ticket as I was walking to the entrance and it said "BRIDAL FAIRE" !!!!!!!!!!!

STUNNED SHOCKED EMBARRASSED and AGITATED I ran back to the window wondering if Rod Serling from Twilight Zone has something to do with this? The lady inside the ticket booth somehow knowingly knew what I needed without me speaking, not that I was actually capable of speaking at that moment. She refunded my money and I jogged back to my car before I accidentally ran into someone that I knew. The thoughts of running with my shirt pulled over my head actually crossed my mind.

Long story short, the gun show was nearby in another building, apparently there was a conflict or mix-up that weekend, the massive accumulation of signs were a poor attempt to re-direct the gun show traffic to the right building.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Well you could have always purchased a new bridal gown, it would make a heck of a cover garment. No one would ever see you printing with it on.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    You get the dress first silly. Then you know what sort of holster will match.

At least you weren't carrying a rifle into the bridal show with a for sale tag.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

You didn't look hard enough.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Administrator
    You really need to work on your situational awareness.

In the parking lot, you didn't notice the poor pick up to car ratio? I bet you didn't see one pick up with a set of nuts hanging from the hitch either. That is a gun show prerequisite don't ya know.

Or the lack of camouflage wearing patrons? ( I might give you a pass on this one, you are in Louisiana after all)

How about in the lobby when it was mostly chicks and terrified or bored stiff men?

You did notice the classical music and absence of the chili dog smell. I'll give you some points there.

I'm not sure what to do with you PPK.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    Well you could have always purchased a new bridal gown, it would make a heck of a cover garment. No one would ever see you printing with it on.

Z
    Oh you guys...!!! my side is still hurting from LMAO!!! I am just wondering how good you'd looked in a wedding gown...Priscilla will be so envious...
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

Coulda been a "shotgun" wedding!

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I would have run in terror, all the way back to my truck, and hid under it, before somebody recognized me
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Hey! I have an IDEA!!!

Get married at a gunshow!

or....

Deal guns with all the bored men at the Briadal Fair!

I'm coming in after a few posts trying not to be a hijacker, but I'd never admit my folly on my own, so forgive me.

45 years ago I was in the service and on temporary duty to England. One weekend I thought it would be cool to take the train to London and see the sights. I played tourist Saturday until mid-afternoon when I started looking for a room. After striking out at a few places I saw a nice one called The Elizabethan Hotel.

It must be high class because the front door was closed, but I guess that's how the upper crust does it there. There was another fellow waiting at the door so I waited with him. The door was opened by an attractive young lady who recognized the other fellow and let us in. She asked me if she could help me and I told her I wanted a room for the night. She looked flustered and said they don't rent rooms that way and told me to see someone up the stairs.

I got about half way up when the lights finally came on in my confused brain! Had it been dark you would have seen my face glow a bright red as I turned around and high tailed out of there. After the shock I saw the humor in it and thought who but me would walk into a brothel and ask for a room for the night.

I am just wondering how good you'd looked in a wedding gown...Priscilla will be so envious..
    Here's a "Mossy Oak" Wedding Dress...........

She asked me if she could help me and I told her I wanted a room for the night. She looked flustered and said they don't rent rooms that way and told me to see someone up the stairs.
    Pretty funny........

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    this sounds like a great plot to a Sit-com!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

It takes a big person to admit their mistakes.

So who caught the tossed box of ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    I'm coming in after a few posts trying not to be a hijacker, but I'd never admit my folly on my own, so forgive me.

45 years ago I was in the service and on temporary duty to England. One weekend I thought it would be cool to take the train to London and see the sights. I played tourist Saturday until mid-afternoon when I started looking for a room. After striking out at a few places I saw a nice one called The Elizabethan Hotel.

It must be high class because the front door was closed, but I guess that's how the upper crust does it there. There was another fellow waiting at the door so I waited with him. The door was opened by an attractive young lady who recognized the other fellow and let us in. She asked me if she could help me and I told her I wanted a room for the night. She looked flustered and said they don't rent rooms that way and told me to see someone up the stairs.

I got about half way up when the lights finally came on in my confused brain! Had it been dark you would have seen my face glow a bright red as I turned around and high tailed out of there. After the shock I saw the humor in it and thought who but me would walk into a brothel and ask for a room for the night.
    Musta been in the SOHO district,I was stationed at Bentwaters/Woodbridge and my first trip into London everybody wanted to hit the SOHO area,as were walking down the street I noticed a bunch of apartments had the names of ladys by the doorbells,I said hey whats up with that,and they looked at me and said whatta you think
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post

I'm not sure what to do with you PPK.

Attached Images
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links