Fountain Pens

This is a discussion on Fountain Pens within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I actually learned to write using the pen you dipped into a bottle of ink back in the 1950's in N. Charleroi, Pennsylvania....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fountain Pens

I actually learned to write using the pen you dipped into a bottle of ink back in the 1950's in N. Charleroi, Pennsylvania.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Romans623 View Post
    I just recently acquired my first real fountain pen. Its a Lamy Safari. I'm already loving it more then ballpoint or rollerball pens.

I saw some Montblanc and Montegrappa fountain pens that were very nice looking but I don't have that kind of money. Some of the pens were equal with what a new Glock would cost if not higher.

Oh man.....a Black Assault Fountain Pen!

Kidding aside, I used to have a fountain pen, not that elaborate of one, this one had the ink cartridges. I loved that pen, but it's difficult to find the ink cartridges.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I write exclusively with fountain pens. I am a collector of vintage fountain pens, primarily Parker Vacumatics and Parker 51. Although, I own several dozens vintage pens, I also own some modern pens. They are a pleasure to write with.

Good choice on the Lami Safari, a very good pen and it'll last you a long time. Congrats!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

used one back in the 60's. got some old ones around the house somehwere. messed up many shirts with the cheap ones back in the day.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Oh man.....a Black Assault Fountain Pen!

Kidding aside, I used to have a fountain pen, not that elaborate of one, this one had the ink cartridges. I loved that pen, but it's difficult to find the ink cartridges.
    Google stationery and you'll find ink cartridges or go to a local stationery story which sells writing supplies, such as Staples.

Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

My wife likes fountain pens so i bought her a good one for her 50th birthday. She spends time on the Fountain Pen Network, a forum for FP owners. Who knew?

I love fountain pens and use them every day. While I have 7 of them (Old and new Parkers, Mont Blanc's Conway Stuart and Pelikan's), my favorites are the Pelikan. They are not too expensive (you can pick one up used starting at about $100), and have great nibs. However, they fill only via a piston from a bottle of ink. I don't mind this at all since they hold more ink and flow more smoothly than ink cartridges.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy View Post
    I love fountain pens and use them every day. While I have 7 of them (Old and new Parkers, Mont Blanc's Conway Stuart and Pelikan's), my favorites are the Pelikan. They are not too expensive (you can pick one up used starting at about $100), and have great nibs. However, they fill only via a piston from a bottle of ink. I don't mind this at all since they hold more ink and flow more smoothly than ink cartridges.
    I'm actually looking at a Pelikan M215. Might purchase with some birthday money I have. What Pelikans do you have?

Fountain Pen Network has a wealth of information and reviews that are pretty helpful.

I considered the Visconti Van Gogh Green but it goes for about $150 more then the M215. An on-line store has them on sale for a little more then the M215.

Van Gogh Red Sandal Green

Pelikan 215
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

I reall enjoyed watch Col. Landa of the SS add to the suspense of his task of killing the jews in the first scene of Inglourious Basterds, when he sat down at the table and filled his pen with his ink bottle, and so meticulously sat down and wrote out the ages of the children in the family they were searching for. he kne where they were the whole time. Just shows what a simple thing like a fountain pen can add to a movie.

Fountain pens are froma more simple romantic time. Congrats on your purchase.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have gone the other way,just bought myself the Pulse Livescribe, a digital pen that capturess everything you write and say,then transfers to your computer,as well as converts script to text.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links