Stun Guns don't work!

Stun Guns don't work!

This is a discussion on Stun Guns don't work! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; At first, I thought this should go under "other weapons" but it's probably best left under "humor." We teach in our CCH class that stun ...

Thread: Stun Guns don't work!

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar

Stun Guns don't work!

At first, I thought this should go under "other weapons" but it's probably best left under "humor."

We teach in our CCH class that stun guns are essentially useless. (Taser is a different story altogether though!) They annoy, and if you hit your assailant just right, it might piss them off. But STOPPING them? Meh. I don't think so.

My boss is the one narrating. This was my demo for our students in class on Saturday. If a 5'4" female is so clearly underwhelmed, it has zero chance on a 6' tall assailant.

Enjoy. This is "Bunny vs. Stun Gunny." And yes, please, I know our uniforms are dead sexy and flattering, please try and contain yourselves.

Bunny vs. Stun Gunny
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

VIP Member
    LOL - Oh my goodness. You gotta be kidding me! What did it feel like?

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Not much at all, kind of like a big rubber-band snapping at my leg, that's it. But I would NOT mess with a Taser though, ever. I heard those things hurt like the Dickens.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

I was tased in the Army, and then again in Tactical Medic course. I would do it again for fun. It wasn't that bad.
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

Even the Taser is not always effective. My son was on a ride along when they got a domestic call. Since my son was about to enter the academy and been on dozens of rides and with his best friend, he went inside. The husband was a very big man both bulk and muscle. He was obviously on something and was immediately belligerent to the LEO who couldn't get cooperation. He called for backup and pulled his taser when the BG threatened him.

The BG went down on his butt and pulled out the prongs, got up and was seriously pissed. The LEO popped him again and jumped him before he could recover trying to get him into restraints. My son (6'2" & 230 lbs) jumped his legs and rode them like a rodeo bull. They both were tossed off and fortunately the BG was winded by then and didn't push it.

The backup (6 LEO's) arrived and stood there watching the end of this. Being the BG was tired he finally decided he was outnumbered. He allowed himself to be cuffed and taken to the mental ward as it seems he was actually off his meds and harmless. I guess he was just funnin with the new boys who were lucky not to be damaged beyond a few bruises. Seems the old timers know all about the guy and never respond without help.

I was a bit pissed myself when my son told me about it and he got the perspective of why a dad might not want his son in that line of work. He still went into the academy but God answers prayers (at least his mom's) and he had to withdraw with a back injury.

VIP Member
    I accidentally got tear-gassed by some moron on Treasure Island - does that count? They didn't have tasers/stun-guns when I was in. I feel like I missed out... :(

Senior Moderator
    Tasers have come a long long way since they were first used.
    I went through the class last year. I volunteered to get it and even talked everyone else in the class to volunteer.

All I took was the training shot which was only 5 seconds long. I can honestly say that it was the longest five seconds of my life. I came up feeling like I was suffocating. I seriously needed a breath of air. My calfs hurt for 3 days.

I have yet to see a Taser fail on anyone. We've used them on crackheads, metheads, drunks, crazys off their medicine and even on deppressed people that wanted to kill themselves.

I rekon that if you tried to Tase me, I would shoot you.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

That's funny Bunny. LOL, I just said funny bunny.
    Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.

Good demonstration. Just don't do the "vest test", that guy failed.

http://www.break.com/index/bulletpro...oes-wrong.html

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    When I was armed security I used to stungun myself in the thigh to prove it wasn't dangerous if someone asked about it. It does not neutralize a BG but it quite effective at generating compliance if the BG is mildly resisting. It also can generate compliance when you show a BG the flying sparks.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I was dispatching one night in 1984 when a fellow leo came in and zapped me in the leg with a stun gun,I was more shocked at first,felt like something shocked me but wasn't anywhere near incapacitating
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Lol that was pretty good.

"Ow"

Yeah, I think those things get more people killed/hurt than they do anything. I'd much rather have my .45...
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we canít allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

But in the movies they zap em in the neck and they instantly succumb while they get duct taped
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    But in the movies they zap em in the neck and they instantly succumb while they get duct taped
    uh huh - just like James Bond knocking BGs off their feet with his .380 PPK

Sponsored Links