While speaking of intelligence.....

This is a discussion on While speaking of intelligence..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Woman calls 911 , because she's "locked inside her car". Dumb Woman Locked in Her Car 911 Call Video I had a female friend once ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: While speaking of intelligence.....

While speaking of intelligence.....

Woman calls 911 , because she's "locked inside her car".

Dumb Woman Locked in Her Car 911 Call Video

I had a female friend once call me and ask, how to close the hood on her car. Her neighbor had hooked up a charger on her battery for her and she had disconnected that, and now needed to close the hood. It was a Durango. I tried not to laugh as I told her to just pull in down.....

At a parts place they now DO carry " light bulb fluid". Some guy came up with it and have it on hand for women who've been told they need some light bulb fluid to fix their burnt out turn signal. I asked if they actually sold any, and they said they have someone come in asking for it 2-3 times a week. They said none of them have come back for a refund.

2. Remove Ads

I find that a simple change in attitude makes things like this less surprising. Start expecting everybody you encounter to be stupid. This makes it less irritating when they are.

That bit about "light bulb fluid" really makes me want to cry.

My neighbor-lady asked me awhile back what was wrong with her breaks....the break lights wern't working. She caught me replacing the break pads on my truck of all things......
    Without thinking (and she's a good-natured woman with whom my wife and her share many laughs between themselves) and not even looking up I said....."sounds like your low on break-light fluid, give me a second and I'll look at it"......
    I get done, look up, and see she's gone. Oh well, I'll finish up here. My wife came outta the house a moment later, phone to her ear, and gave me a good 'slap' to the back of my head. I asked what brought on this spousal abuse? Mrs. Neighbor-Lady is at the auto-parts store.....wanna guess what she's asking for?!?

Now I would purchase some of that "light bulb fluid" just to have some on hand for those 'opprotunties' when they present themselves. That's FUNNY!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I have no stories to tell, but thanks guys! you have just made my day....er...morning....!!
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

I used to work in a shop as an auto tech and one of my fellow cohorts would always tell the women that he filled their "blinker fluid" for free. Many of them would thank and offer him a tip. Thankfully he wasn't completely evil and would always turn down the tip.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Now, now, let's not be picking on the ladies.
    I've changed the muffler bearings, replaced the Johnson Rod and the Konnuten Valve on the Bronco and it's been running great lately.
    I even checked the 710 and the level is just fine
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    Now, now, let's not be picking on the ladies.
    I've changed the muffler bearings, replaced the Johnson Rod and the Konnuten Valve on the Bronco and it's been running great lately.
    I even checked the 710 and the level is just fine
    I'm still trying to find the "ANY" key on my computer keyboard....

How about a radiator for a '68 VW Beetle? Anyone? Or, a right rear door to a'65 Mustang?

I'm still looking.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by das38spl View Post
    I'm still trying to find the "ANY" key on my computer keyboard....
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Woman calls 911 , because she's "locked inside her car".

[
    Rio Linda or Port St Lucie?

OK, fess up now... When you saw the "ANY KEY" photo, did you look for it on your keyboard?

VIP Member
    I remember seeing an episode of Candid Camera (fellow old folks will remember the show) where a woman pulls into a service station and asks them to change the air in her tires.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    I remember seeing an episode of Candid Camera (fellow old folks will remember the show) where a woman pulls into a service station and asks them to change the air in her tires.
    I work at a new car dealership and we had a guy working in the reconditioning department one time and he asked me about a car he had.

The car had not been driven for few years and he wondered what he should do to make it road worthy again. I told him he should probably change the oil, get new gas, check the air filter, check all of the fluid levels, and maybe get rid of the winter air in the tires and get some summer air in them.

I can't beleive I was able to keep a straight face.

So a few weeks later I get a call from the gas station next door asking if I told someone change the air in their tires? Who me?? So whatshisname was over there letting the air out of and re-inflating one tire at a time on his car. Luckily the guy at the gas station played along and I never heard from whatshisname.

I can't beleive it worked, on a guy nonetheless.

Joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Are you sure his name is whatshisname and not Neil Cavuto??? I was watching his program one time and he confessed that he doesn't know anything about caulking guns nor caulk if his life depends on it...Sounds like my eldest boy...he can troubleshoot anything computers but have no idea what the difference between a hammer and a nail would be...and he is not blond either.
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

When I started a job many, many years ago, a ritual "hazing" for new employees would go something like this:

They would hand you a part number and ask you to go down to the basement to get it. I would walk out on the shop floor, and ask people how to get to the basement. I would get directions and a sheepish grin, and follow the directions, but never finding the stairs. People (all in on the joke) would keep giving directions.

Finally, when someone had pity on me, they told me the factory was built on a slab.

My only revenge was to do it to the next new employee and have my laugh.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links