most ridiculous news gun quote?

This is a discussion on most ridiculous news gun quote? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here's my nominee: "Crittenton then drew his weapon, loaded the clip into the chamber and cocked the bar, the witnesses said." From Javaris Crittenton Pleads ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: most ridiculous news gun quote?

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar

most ridiculous news gun quote?

Here's my nominee: "Crittenton then drew his weapon, loaded the clip into the chamber and cocked the bar, the witnesses said."

From Javaris Crittenton Pleads Guilty To Misdemeanor Gun Possession Charge, Will Be Sentenced MondayAfternoon - SB Nation

Got a better one? Let us see it!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    "Crittenton then drew his weapon, loaded the clip into the chamber and cocked the bar, the witnesses said."
    He did what?...

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reyno2ac View Post
    He did what?...
    Don't laugh! Plenty of us have had trouble getting that mag in the chamber. Why just last week...
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Don't laugh! Plenty of us have had trouble getting that mag in the chamber. Why just last week...
    nobody said nothing about a mag
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Well at least he didn't put one of those dangerous 'shroud things' on it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I wonder where he learned this type of loading proceedure.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Chief View Post
    I wonder where he learned this type of loading proceedure.
    Uh...uh...not from me...
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

Did he say he was crocked at the bar?

I think the reporter got her chamber loaded at the bar before she wrote that story
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    "I believe it is a shoulder thing that goes up"
    ~Carolyn McCarthy, describing the barrel shroud
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    When his 38 caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach California , would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked.
    [One Nation Under God]

VIP Member
    Here is a few:
    "There is no personal right to be armed for private purposes unrelated to the service in a well regulated militia."
    -- Sarah Brady, Chairman, Handgun Control, Inc., Richmond Times-Dispatch, 6 Jun 97, pg. 6

"We must be able to arrest people before they commit crimes. By registering guns and knowing who has them we can do that... If they have guns they are pretty likely to commit a crime."-Mary Ann Carlson, State Senator (VT)

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans to own handguns and rifles that we are unable to think clearly about reality."-Bill Clinton

"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."-Bill Clinton

"The constitution is a radical document. It is the job of government to reign in people's rights."-Bill Clinton

"You know I don't believe in people owning guns, only the police and military. And I'm going to do everything I can to disarm this state."-Michael Dukakis

"The national guard fulfills the the militia mentioned in the Second Amendment. Citizens no longer need to protect the states or themselves."-Dianne Feinstein,U.S. Senator

"Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of Americans to feel safe."-Dianne Feinstein

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them ... "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in," I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."-Dianne Feinstein

"We must reverse this psychology (of needing guns for home defense). WE can do it by passing a law that says anyone found in possession a handgun except a legitimate officer of the law goes to jail-period!"-- Carl Rowan, Washington DC Syndicated Columnist

"Men possess handguns in order to compensate for sexual dysfunction."-- Dr. Joyce Brothers, Psychiatrist, TV personality
    ** her husband is among NYC elite that has been issued a permit to carry a concealed handgun

"I honestly think and I am not an expert on the amendments I think the only people in this nation who should be allowed to own guns are police officers. I don't care if you want to hunt, I don't care if you think it's your right. I say, 'Sorry. It is 1999, we have had enough as a nation. You are not allowed to own a gun and if you do own a gun, I think you should go to prison.'"
    -Rosie O'Donnell

"We are inclined to think that every firearm in the hands of anyone who is not a law enforcement officer constitutes an incitement to violence. Let's come to our senses before the whole country starts shooting itself up on all its Main Streets in a delirious kind of High Noon."-Washington Post 1965-08-19

"Yes, I'm denying you your rights."-Tom Bradley on constitutional rights at a "Save the Brady Bill" rally.Mayor
    1992-09-04

"I don't think there is a Second Amendment right to own a gun. But I think it's a loser political issue."-James Carville
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Those quotes are prime examples of how our elected officials, past and present, disrespect the laws and the constitution they have sworn to uphold. What kind of egotistical personality does it take to put ones self above the great minds that drafted the foundations of this country that have withstood the test of time? But more importantly, how did those idiots get elected?

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Clip????
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Finally

Thanks to this forum I now know where the clip goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links